Donald's Breakfastaurus - never again!

Donalds was my only complaint of our last trip. The food was so-so, but the character interaction was the worse we have ever seen at Disney. They were literally at our table for seconds, and we had three children with us! The other CMs there were good, we said something to our waiter as to why they went by everybody so fast?? He said he had no idea because it wasn't busy in there at all. On our way out we said something to another CM, she seemed upset too, that they didn't stick around...she said they were outside taking a break...at 9am!??:confused3

We liked CP and CRT so much better for breakfast!!

I too don't care for Donalds. We went March 06 and the food was OK and the character interaction was so so. Not on my list of "lets go again"...but it is just my opinion. There are other restaurants at Disney that we love and other posters hate. I say to each his own and thanks for sharing your opinion.:wave:

We are going back in April. They were fantastic with my daughter's allergies and the wait staff was great. They had a great fruit and yogart station and boxed cereal for the younger ones. They made my daughter egg and peanut free Mickey waffles that she LOVED!

Hi Everyone,

I have to agree with the negative review!!! Our family disliked everything about this breakfast. I think it is one of the few Disney dining experiences that is not up to Disney standards as far as food, being clean and it is VERY congested. Very unorganized and I have to go back to it not being clean enough for my liking.....NEVER AGAIN!:sad2:

We have been going to Donald's Breakfastosaurus on every trip - and it has gone downhill every year. This year was absolutely the last straw - it was terrible! We checked in 10 min. prior to our ADR & waited another 35 min. to be seated. It was very difficult to understand the accents of the CMs calling our ADRS, and once inside the restaraunt. The restaraunt was dim, dirty & crowded. The food - inedible is all I can say. We were there late - 10am - so this could be some sort of explanation - the buffets were dirty, food dripped & dropped all over the place, and some foods needed to be re-filled. The eggs were beyond runny (yes I know buffet eggs are like this but these ran off the plate in liquid form) - everything else was underdone, overdone or too bland to eat. The cream cheese was warm & sour - I did tell them about it, I'd hate for someone to get sick from bad dairy. The bagels, which were tiny & flavorless, were frozen in the middle. The fresh fruit bar had TWO fruit items on it - and both were not ripe. Our server messed up our son's drink order (chocolate milk) THREE times - brought OJ 1st, then white milk, then another white milk - and never returned after we just asked for plain water for the poor kid. Character interaction was pathetic - barely enough time to even snap a pic. If your kids weren't ready to jump into their arms & pose within 5 seconds they moved on. We all left hungry & totally disappointed - and vowed never again to return!

We've been to Donald's once and will not be returning. The food was hot, but no where near as plentiful as Crystal Palace. It took the characters an hour to finally reach our table and then they passed by in seconds. We had finished eating about 20 minutes prior and we were just waiting to see the characters. We did have a later seating.....around 9:45am, so maybe that is why the food dishes seemed empty....not sure. On the other hand we have been to Crystal Palace many times and have always enjoyed the food/atmosphere. The characters are hit or miss, but we usually take our time at this meal and do not feel rushed.

You are not the only one with a bad experience. We've been once and won't go back. W ehad no problems with the food but the character interaction was practically nonexistent. 2 of the characters never came to our table and we had to get our waitress to bring them back out.

went there with my daughter...We actually enjoyed it, there were 4 or 5 characters and the food was fine:thumbsup2

the best character dine breckfast is at epcot..at the Norway rest
all the princesses are there..the girls love it

Were trying Donalds at 8am in july so hopefully it goes well. I have read several bad reviews about this place though it was the only character Bfast that worked well into our plans. It seems its really hit or miss, not many average reviews so I hope we Love it. Sorry to all those that had a bad time there though.

Were trying Donalds at 8am in july so hopefully it goes well. I have read several bad reviews about this place though it was the only character Bfast that worked well into our plans. It seems its really hit or miss, not many average reviews so I hope we Love it. Sorry to all those that had a bad time there though.

I really hope you have a better experience than we did.......Simply put it the experience was GROSS!!!!!

I really hope you have a better experience than we did.......Simply put it the experience was GROSS!!!!!

I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience on your trip. We went l;ast trip and loved it and will be going again this trip. I have been to the Crystal Palace two times and only seen a total of 2 characters for about 2 seconds each and that was only after I had to complain. At Donald's it was totally different, we had the last seating time for breakfast of the day,a nd the place was litterally empty. We ate alone with the characters at our table almost the whole time, and the food to me was pretty tasty. Sorry again to hear that you did not have a good time, maybe you should try again? We are going to the Crystal Palace for dinner this trip in a few days and I swore I would never go again, but after hearing everyone rave about it here, I will give it one more shot.

This was our least favorite character meal. We were there 12/22 and it was just my DD and I as my DH and other kids were in need of sleeping in. Our ADR was for 8:05am and we got in just fine. The food was fine but nothing special like 1900 Park Faire (we ate there earlier in the week). It wasn't bad, just typical breakfast food, nothing special (loved the strawberry soup and vanilla bread pudding at PF).

The character interaction, in our experience, was awful. Take a pic, sign a book and gone. I mean, really fast. The people next to us the Mom was just trying to get her camera situated (and no she was not taking an abnormally long time) and Goofy was gone. I felt bad for them. We did get a pic of each character but there was no playful interaction. At PF Alice sat down and actually talked to my kids, looked at their pins, etc. Big difference.

We really only booked it to get to EE quickly and that is the only reason I would go again.

Allyson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter