• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dolphin Swim Vs Trainer day?

EKIMR

Earning My Ears
Wow what a great forum. So much shared info.

In reality - how much of a chance do you get swimming with the dolphin in the dolphin swim. It seems expensive to do the trainer day, but in the swim if you only get to stroke a dolphin, then I guess as far as lifetime experiences go, perhaps it could fall a little short...

I want to think the swim will be enough but need a little help from you good folks...

Mike

I don't know anything about trainer for a day, but for my family the dolphin swim was enough. I was afraid that we might feel shortchanged if it was too brief, but we didn't feel that way at all. It is pretty short, though--probably about 20 minutes. It just seems longer.

Hi Mike, My family had a WONDERFUL day at DC and didn't feel shortchanged BUT I had a good idea what to expect and didn't think I'd be getting 45 minutes on my own with the dolphin By managing your expectations I'm certain you'll get a day/experience you feel worthwhile. Our "swim" was about 20-25 minutes, most of which was spent "waist deep" with a little interaction as the dolphin alternated with the groups that were in deeper water and those on shore. You spend 25-30% of the time in the deep the balance waist deep. Each group will have between 7 and 10 people split into 3 or 4 groups. One trainer in the shallows and one in the deep, the dolphin will move from one to the other ( and occassionally off to see what else is going on in the pool) giving everyone a turn at some personal time.

IMHO the only people who've felt let down were unrealisticv in what they expected. First and foremost the dolphins WILL NOT BE FORCED TO INTERACT with you. If they are not in the mood, or take a dislike to you there is a possibility you you're experience will be less than other peoples, that is a chance you take where ever you try something like this. The park itself is great fun, the use of SW is valuable and IMHO a good dolphin experience is just the icing on the cake. I like the concept and I like the ideals SW put forward. You have to hope you get a good experience but be prepared you may be unlucky and not get too disapointed if that is the case.

Hope you have a great day there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter