Votes: 12 32.4%
  • POFQ

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Wilderness lodge

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

Donald Duck888

DIS Veteran
I am taking my daughter down to Disney for short trip this winter and am not sure where to stay. If we stay at the Dolphin/swan we can stay in a resort view room for about $700 less than to stay at the Beach Club. Also since i am a gold Marriott member we will probably get an upgrade on that room (we did when we stayed this past summer at Swan and were upgraded to a firework view from a standard view). The only reason this is a question is my daughter (11 yr old) really likes the Magic Express and the Disney cartoon channel at the Disney owned properties. Also had considered a moderate like POFQ or another property like Wilderness lodge but with it being only a 4 night trip I really think the proximity to 2 parks that the EPCOT resorts offer would be the best strategy. Especially since most ADR's will be at EPCOT. My guess is taxi will be about $80 each way with tip so that cuts $160 into the $700 but it is still a big savings which could be used to do more on the trip.

Also the reason i did not include other EPCOT resorts in poll is they are more than Beach Club right now but i would actually consider any of them if they were the same or cheaper.

Any and all opinions would be appreciated, thanks.

Where to stay relates to: 1) your budget, 2) parks you plan to visit and 3) specific amenities/theme of hotels you prefer. Not sure a survey will be of much value to you as each person has different tastes/likes/budget.

I would stay at the Swan. Saving $700 is a lot and can be used for many fun activities at Disney. I like their location and besides ME they have the Disney buses to all the parks. They also don’t do the room checks that Disney does. The Beach Club is close by you could walk over to visit or eat there

Since your trip is relatively short and you have many activities planned in the EP/DHS area, I would go with Swan/Dolphin (we prefer the Swan). Magical Express and Disney Channel aren't worth $700.

I voted for S/D for exactly this reason. For $700, you could buy her a whole lot of Disney cartoon DVDs. :-)

Also, look into the Mears shuttle from the airport. It'll take you longer than a cab ride would, but it'll also be considerably less expensive.

I'd prefer Wilderness Lodge in winter- it has a winter vibe. Beach Club is best enjoyed in hot or warm months when you can swim in the amazing pool. Since she likes Magical Express & Disney cartoons, I'd be reluctant to give those up. If money is a big factor, I'd do POFQ & enjoy a carriage ride & the boat to Disney Springs. Maybe move some of the Epcot-area meals to Disney Springs to reduce transportation issues. I usually choose the dining after choosing the resort, to maximize convenience.

Since your trip is relatively short and you have many activities planned in the EP/DHS area, I would go with Swan/Dolphin (we prefer the Swan). Magical Express and Disney Channel aren't worth $700.

This. By a MILE.

Also - don't forget about Uber.
You can also rent a car, and return it at Swolphin. I'm getting a "standard" size one way for about 50 bucks - this will also allow me to stop at one of the grocery stores or one of those WalMart things to get a few things. I'll use Uber to get back to MCO - probably about 40 dollars. Hopefully, your daughter might enjoy Swolphin like the rest of us fans. The Dining Plan doesn't matter for us, and DME wants me to go to the airport too early. The amenities and location makes it a win-win for me. Hope you guys have fun! If you are sushi fans, Kimonos should be on your list with a bullet point if you've never been.

I am taking my Mom for a short 4 night trip in Dec. The choice is between an AoA suite and the Dolphin in a 2 bedroom alcove suite. The lowest price is the AoA suite, but only by $40, so I think we will go with the Dolphin with 2 real king beds and an alcove as well as the awesome Epcot location. If it were $700 less, it wouldn't even be a consideration. The more expensive WDW Epcot resorts are so pricey - DME is so not worth that kind of money! With your Epcot area itinerary, WL and POFQ would not be as convenient.

I would definitely stay at the Swan or Dolphin!

I would pick the Swan or Dolphin for the savings. Also check Priceline which has these hotels frequently for additional savings (as express deals or regular listing). My kids prefer the Dolphin for the pool and the new food court area. I booked BWI through Priceline for a bigger discount than what Disney was offering (as a regular listing) for December.

We book a town car for $70 each way and get to the resort much quicker and not to have to leave 4 hours in advance. It was much easier than dealing with Uber or Lyft.

While we love POFQ and Beach Club (we have never stayed at Wilderness Lodge) it is almost no comparison. If you can save $700 going to WDW and still make it a memorable trip then I would save the $700. This is coming from someone that has spent a significant amount on Disney trips over the last 9 years (12 trips come 6 days from now). We have spent enough to pay for two DVC memberships (sad but true) at this point.

The fact that you get an opportunity to have easy access to two parks (HS and Epcot) and still get the other luxuries of the trip. It's a no brainier in my opinion. Stay at Swalphin. :)

I have narrowed it down to the top 2 but still go back and forth on what to do. The price at Dolphin/swan actually just went up a bit so now the difference is a bit less between it and Beach club, about $400 difference now. If they would only release a discount for January i think the prices would be a wash actually. Right now I am still on the fence but my daughter really wants the Beach club as she just wants the complete "Disney bubble" She says she really enjoys the bus ride with the Disney cartoons etc and considers that part of the fun of the vacation. I think i will just book one of the 2 and then wait and see if a discount comes out in October for January and then firm up the decision. Thanks to all who gave input. My daughter has really had fun reading the poll results and the suggestions along with me today.

Is the Swam/Dolphin pool heated?

There are several pools. It's kind of a recreation area/complex.

Swan and Dolphin both have nearby "lap pools" and those are both WARM. They are both heated very warm.

Then, there is the "grotto Pool" which is flanked by two pools that are joined to it by a simple swim through with bridges over them swim through. those three pools are not heated nearly as warm as the lap pools. There is also a round "Spring Pool" that is VERY VERY, warm - almost hot tub warm.
There are also three or four hot tubs in back of a few of the pools as well, and a zero entry kiddie pool right in the area as well. Check out a map of the grounds. the two rectangle pools are VERY warm, the BIG sprawling pool is the one that is more, "refreshing," and the round pool is VERY VERY VERY warm.

Is the Swam/Dolphin pool heated?
My DD loves the swan and dolphin. They have an amazing new playground and beach games like ping pong and corn in the hole plus a fun area with a dolphin who sprays water from its nose. The rooms are comfortable and you can see fireworks from many of the rooms either at Epcot or HS. The Picabu food court is fairly priced and the savings is worth it. We rely on Mears.

I'd do POR - it's very central to all parks ( AKL being the furthest ) but EP and HS are a short bus ride. It may save you even more than 700.00 going that route.

The resort is large so if you don't want to walk a lot, then I would recommend getting the Preferred room type. It will be a bit more than a standard room but then you'll be close to the food court and buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter