Dolphin Standard room - view of what?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
To stay at the Dolphin again, we may have to book at standard view to be able to afford a Dolphin room.

We have had in the past a view of the fireworks - side wing facing EPCOT, a view of the Grotto and lap pool, and our last visit a view of the Dolphin fountain and the walkway to the boat dock.

So now if we do a Standard view - is that of the parking lot? Front entrance & driveway? Does it include a view of a roof top and garbage dump?

Thanks for any help.

See here http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/swandolphin/rooms.htm

The guest rooms feature either two queen beds (Disney Swan Hotel) or two double beds (Dolphin resort) or a king bed (both Swan and Dolphin resorts). Some rooms have balconies with views of neighboring resorts, the pool/grounds, Crescent Lake or Epcot. The rooms are decorated in turquoise and corals. The furnishings are a light wood giving the room an airy feel.

You probably won't see any fireworks from the room. I've had a few of those rooms. Roof top maybe, especially the front portico or the roof of the convention center. Garbage dump, never seen one. Most likely, no balcony.

You probably won't see any fireworks from the room. I've had a few of those rooms. Roof top maybe, especially the front portico or the roof of the convention center. Garbage dump, never seen one. Most likely, no balcony.

If no garbage - I am sure a standard room would be fine.
We use the room to sleep in - always could just close the curtains.
For a grate rate - a standard room at the Dolphin would be fine.

Thank you ! :cool1:

We've had 3 separate stays at the Dolphin each for one night (before or after our package on-site). I'm cheap and always book standard views. The first time we had a nice water view room overlooking the boardwalk with a peek-a-boo view of the Epcot Ball.

The second time was the best as we were WAY up in the triangle section with a squinty view of MK (we could see the fireworks and we narrated it ourselves---we are big dorks.)

The last time we finally got a real standard view of rooftops. But, no complaints from us! The beds are fabulous!! And you can't beat the location!!

Good choice!!

We had a standard view king room a couple weeks ago. Right outside the window was a work area.

Far far far in the distance we could see the Contemporary and Space Mountain.

this was with a super zoom on my camera but we could see the sparkles from the fireworks.

We have stayed at the Swan/Dolphin on our past 4 trips in August. We have always booked standard view, figuring you get what you get and you don't get upset. We were upgraded every single time. One year we had an amazing view of Epcot at night.

That being said, as much of a nice pixie dust sprinkling the upgrade was, I don't think I'd pay out of pocket for it. We would rather be in the parks than in the hotel looking at the parks. I think when you look at it that way, anything else is just icing on the cake.

Have a great trip!!:woohoo:

Thank you for the roof top view picture and the kind words about standard room views at the Dolphin.

We are Starwood members - so I think they may give us a bump up to resort view, no balcony, if there is space available.
We travel during mid-May and many colleges are out during those weeks, and I think southern schools are done too - so the resort may be fully occupied.

But the location of the Dolphin can not be beat. :thumbsup2

This was my standard view in 2011

It was a lovely sight to watch the Friendship boats every evening!

This was our view 3 months ago-cheapest possible AAA $189, pretty sure he quoted standard but just gave us an upgrade.

4d466c64-ecbd-4bbd-9578-46279a1ae022.jpg

d1c90242-6e38-457e-9962-ef3e4a4c8903.jpg

b1ae7eb7-4a6a-4758-8db5-49a45d2dd75e.jpg

9fd8e65f-a85f-4f62-a80f-858330bc8395.jpg

This was our view 3 months ago-cheapest possible AAA $189, pretty sure he quoted standard but just gave us an upgrade.

4d466c64-ecbd-4bbd-9578-46279a1ae022.jpg

d1c90242-6e38-457e-9962-ef3e4a4c8903.jpg

b1ae7eb7-4a6a-4758-8db5-49a45d2dd75e.jpg

9fd8e65f-a85f-4f62-a80f-858330bc8395.jpg

WOW :cool1: Such great photo's ;) We can not wait to return to the Dolphin:goodvibes

We will pray for an upgrade, maybe magic will happen for us. :yay:

Some of you got great standard views ours was the side of the fountain up on the sixth floor so it was the dirtyish back of the fountain and to the right was the pathway to the swan.

disney lover at heart

Standard views seem vary.
Maybe it is because of the time of year - less busy season you get a better & lovely standard view ?:confused3

We plan on returning about the 3rd week of May, 9 days before Memorial Day weekend and check out the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend.

So we may be in the busy season.:scared:

We hope for a great standard view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter