Dolphin, Hotwire & Starwood Gold Card

mom-2greatkids

Mouseketeer
I booked a standard room at the Dolphin last week thru Hotwire. Today we received a Starwood Gold Card. Do we get some of the perks associated with the card even though it was booked thru Hotwire? If so, what type of perks have you received.

Thanks!

When's your trip? If it is before the end of the year, you should still be able to get Gold perks -but not SPG points- by showing your SPG Gold card at check-in. If it is available, that should get you an upgrade to the next level room or view.

If it is in 2004, Starwood has revised it's policy concerning third-party bookings. Here is an excerpt from Starwood Preferred Guest - Terms & Conditions

5. Effective January 1, 2004, Gold level members are not eligible for any in-hotel benefits when booking through third-party channels, such as, but not limited to, priceline.com, expedia.com, hotels.com, hrn.com, hotwire.com, lastminute.com, site59.com, orbitz.com, travelocity.com, cheaptickets.com, quickbook.com, travelweb.com, lodging.com, yahootravel.com, AOL Travel.com, msntravel.com, etc.

The above was cut from the T&C for Gold but it also applices to Platinum and other levels.

You can find additional discussion on this topic at FlyerTalk.com

HTH, Steve :cool:

I stayed there on Hotwire a few weeks ago. No perks. I stayed at the Swan earlier this year (thru Expedia) got perks. Who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter