Dolphin Encounter vs. Swim at Nassau

maine_jennifer

<font color=0033ff>Loves to sing "Old MacDonald Ha
We're planning on the 4-night cruise for the end of January - 2004. My nephew, who will be 11, would love to do the dolphin encounter at Nassau. If you have done this, could you please fill me on the details, how long you were there, details about the ferry ride over and back, etc., etc., etc. Also, is it still warm enough in January to do this? Are wetsuits required or just your swimsuits?

Also, which is better the encounter through Disney or booking the swim directly?

Thanks,

Jen H.
Maine, USA

I haven't done this yet, but have researched it for our March 23 sailing on the Wonder. It's cheaper booking it by yourself. $75 pp which includes boat to island. You would have to pay for taxi to boat. I think I read it would be about $5 pp. There web site is Dolphinswims.com, you can also get to it through Barb and Tonys site. We opt to due the one in Freeport, it's cheaper through DCL and doesn't seem to be as popular as the one in Nassau.

We are thinking of going to Discovery Cove BEFORE our cruise and then just staying on the ship when we dock. When this question was asked in the past there were many great comments about Discovery Cove. We have never been there, so I can personally say what it is like, but it looks very nice (saw some of it on the travel channel). Their website is:
http://www.discoverycove.com/adventure.asp

We have a 3 day booked, so I am thinking of going to Discovery Cove on Tuesday or Wednesday before the cruise.
DJ

I have heard about Discovery Cove. And was using the Dolphin Encounter/Swim at Blue Lagoon as a warm up. That's why I'd like to learn more about Blue Lagoon. To get him prepared for it, or should I say for him to get me prepared!! Then, if all goes well, take him to Discover Cove the next year.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jen H.
Maine, USA

There is a difference between the Encounter and the Swim. IMHO spending the extra money for the swim is well worth it. I considered the swim a once in a life opportunity and a great experience. Had I done the encounter, I would be wanting the swim.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter