• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dolphin - Disney Perks?

nicky_cole

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone! I'm new to the boards, and we're planning our WDW Honeymoon :cool1:
Has anyone stayed at the Dolphin or Swan? I'm just wondering if we would still experience the perks of staying in WDW that are offered at the other hotels, such as extra park hours and being able to buy things and having them delivered to your room???
If anyone could let me know it would be greatly appreciated, I really want to stay at the Dolphin...but want to make sure we get these two great benefits.

THANKS!!!

I've stayed there twice and although I don't know the answer to your question I will warn you that the Dolphin has a very limited number of King rooms. It's a convention hotel so a lot of times something big is going on. The Swan, though smaller, does have more King's I'm told. They won't guarantee you a King room until you check in.
That said, the beds are super comfy and I love the hotel!!! And yes, you can take advantage of the EMH.
Just thought I'd mention the bed issue since you are going to be on your honeymoon and may not want to get stuck with 2 doubles!!
Congrats. :love:

tatafornow said:
I've stayed there twice and although I don't know the answer to your question I will warn you that the Dolphin has a very limited number of King rooms. It's a convention hotel so a lot of times something big is going on. The Swan, though smaller, does have more King's I'm told. They won't guarantee you a King room until you check in.
That said, the beds are super comfy and I love the hotel!!! And yes, you can take advantage of the EMH.
Just thought I'd mention the bed issue since you are going to be on your honeymoon and may not want to get stuck with 2 doubles!!
Congrats. :love:

I was wondering about the EMH there as well,thanks:)

xmelissax said:
I was wondering about the EMH there as well,thanks:)
EMH is included. You can use the Disney transportation.

Last I heard you can have packages delivered to your room at the Swan/Dolphin. The only thing you can't do is charge park purchases to your room key. That's not a big deal to me. The bus service to MK/AK is very good from the Swan/Dolphin and the busses run very early for EMH or even early morning character breakfasts. The best part is being able to walk/boat to Epcot and MGM. The Swan/Dolphin doesn't have Mickey Toiletries. Theirs are even better. They have this great oatmeal soap and high-quality shampoo and lotion (the Disney stuff is kind of cheap, even though the bottles are cute).

We just got back from the Swan. They did not have the free parking at the parks, but they did have the EMH and transportation to the parks.

Become a Starwood member - corporate owners of the Swan & Dolpin.
That may lead you to free parking (not sure) and some other benefits - at least you will earn some points for your stay. We earned two $50 gift certificates to Gap clothes. :)
call 1-800-625-4988
or - http://www.starwoodhotels.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter