Dollar: R.I.P. "entertain" code

dizfanz

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my do
Holy smokes!!! I just checked today to see what the September rates were again. My rate jumped $80.00 with entertain code and without. Folks, I believe the entertain code is dead. Same price with or without code. I typed in random letters to see if a wrong code would register as such. Guess what, it gives the same rate without any code.(whereas most sites will reject a wrong code)

RIP "entertain":(

Ok, gotta question for you guys. I have a reservation in December flying into TPA, using the code. I have a printout as well of the rate that I received. I noticed on the copies that I printed, that is says "Total Estimated Charges." That doesn't sound too positive, if you know what I mean. Will the printout really stand up?

Sorry for the amateurish questions, I have never rented a car before.

--Jim

Also got my print out for my September and October trips. I just used the entertain code last week and it worked fine. I don't foresee any problems. I think the estimate is just in case they have to gas up for you. I've always paid what my confirmation says.

I believe the estimated represents things like gas charges, an extra day fee (should you go over your approx. hour window), airport fees (should they change) and things like that. But the base rate should not go up.

Last week the rates went down with the code and now they're up, its possilbe that it is just like airfare and the rates will go back down again. Once the low rates are booked, they go to the next higher rate. its called inventory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter