Dollar Ponchos at Target!

kjs1976

Thanks for the magic, Walt!
In the dollar section bins at the front of Target stores they now have $1.00 ponchos!!! :cool1:

They are yellow and wrapped up in a small box that says all purpose poncho. I snapped up four of them for DH and me. I hate nothing more than to go to a park, be in the middle of no real shelter, and get down-poured on and have to fork out $7 for a poncho!!! It has happened twice to us! We tried bringing a Mickey poncho to a park once, but it just doesn't fold up as nicely and compact as the first time. I figure we can bring these on the days where there might be more risk of showers. They will even fit in the back of one's pocket...although it might be an annoying bulge! DH wears a fanny pack for his water bottle and it has a small section for other things that he'll carry these in.

Hope someone here will need them too! :goodvibes

You can buy clear ones at walmart for .77 everyday. I always buy them there every year for when we go. Its in the camping section or by all the registers. Very convenient. The bag they come in is smaller then a mans wallet and so cheap you can throw it away and use a new one for the next rain.....cause we all KNOW there WILL be a NEXT rain :rotfl:
I just put them in my backpack in the morning and head out. Doesnt add much weight to it. They are so small you could easily fit 4 in a fanny pack and they are as big as the disney yellow ones only much lighter feeling.
HTH
:flower:

Are they nicer than the Dollar Tree ones? We always take a bunch of those and just throw them away when it stops raining. They're 2 for $1.

At Academy you can get them for 88 cents and they come in clear, blue and yellow. I got some yellow and some blue...figured I could throw them away once we used them!

Never been to dollar tree so I dont know. They are a pretty good quality. Dont rip easily. I have a now 16, 14 and 11 year old and they have never ripped one in all the years we have been going. I dont ever try to fold them up and re-use them though. For .77 I just toss them and open a new one if it rains again ( ha ha I said if :rotfl: ) on our trip.

kjs1976 said:
In the dollar section bins at the front of Target stores they now have $1.00 ponchos!!! :cool1:

They are yellow and wrapped up in a small box that says all purpose poncho. I snapped up four of them for DH and me. I hate nothing more than to go to a park, be in the middle of no real shelter, and get down-poured on and have to fork out $7 for a poncho!!! It has happened twice to us! We tried bringing a Mickey poncho to a park once, but it just doesn't fold up as nicely and compact as the first time. I figure we can bring these on the days where there might be more risk of showers. They will even fit in the back of one's pocket...although it might be an annoying bulge! DH wears a fanny pack for his water bottle and it has a small section for other things that he'll carry these in.

Hope someone here will need them too! :goodvibes

After getting caught in the rain and spending almost 15 bucks :rolleyes: for 2 ponchos @ WDW last month that really are not worth it, the wife and I saw these @ Target and bought 12 of them to bring on our future trips.

drakethib-
I hear you loud and clear...two years ago, it had been a sorta rainy morning...a couple light showers lasting about 10-15 min. and no clearing in sight. When we got to MK for the opening, we were lightly sprinkled on and then it started to rain heavier as the park opened. I headed right for a shop to buy a poncho because I was sick of dealing with the on again off again showers. SURE ENOUGH the down pour lasted until we got to the end of Main Street and there was no more rain for the rest of the day! It stayed overcast and that was it. I did try wearing it on Splash Mountain, but I looked more silly than it helped me stay dry!

I bought two more Target ponchos yesterday...we have 6 now...hope we are ready and don't end up needing a one!

Just a note- if you skip the dollar poncho bin and walk over to the sporting goods section, they have the Coleman emergency ponchos for .87 each. I don't know if they're better/worse quality, but they seem easier to pack since they don't come in the small box. I picked up a few for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter