• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Doll houses?

flying_babyb

DIS Veteran
So what colors look good on dollhouse exteriors? I just got one for my birthday and need to decide how to paint it.

Depends on the style.

Modern/traditional houses look good in white, off white or yellows.

If you have a Victorian feeling one, the more colorful the better. Being sure to paint the gingerbreading and accents in a color that stands out from the base color.

Home Depot or Lowes has great selections to use to match up the right colors for historical houses. I would check there for inspiration.

its got no real style. Its just a huge 3 story house with no real style. Its got a little balcony on the third floor that looks victorian. You can tell it used to be a kids dollhouse. It has lots of windows that have the inter stuff to make them into squares but some are broke.

we need pics!!!!

colonial - deep red or white traditionally

saltbox - grey (weathered wood color), dark brown

Victorian - mint green with dark brown trim (picture mint chocolate chip ice cream, plum, deep pinks, yellows, greens. bolder the better, but usually 3 colors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter