Dole whip - away from Disney

We found a Dole Whip stand at the Colorado State Fair. My DD was thrilled. A bit of Disney close to home!

I’ve been making them at home. I bought the official Dole mix off Amazon and I’m using an ice cream maker that I bought from Walmart.

It’s great.

D6F3509C-A6EC-40D5-BC0E-8D2483DD3112.jpeg

When we were in Hawaii we had a Dole Whip at the Dole plantation and it didn't compare. Let's face it, a Dole Whip in MK has no competition. :)

Point pleasant Beach boardwalk in NJ has them. They taste just like the ones in disney.

Don't have a link right now but disney just released the recipe today for people to make at home.

Don't have a link right now but disney just released the recipe today for people to make at home.
I saw the recipe and got more ice cream, but haven’t made it yet. But someone in the comments noted they used a similar recipe using condensed milk? Also have a brand new container of that, so does anyone here have THAT recipe?? I’m ready to try something!!

I made it yesterday with a recipie that was 2 cups pineapple chunks, 1/3 can coconut milk, 3 table spoons sugar, lemon and lime juice.(can’t remember if it had an exact measurement, but I put in 1/2 teaspoon each, and the a dash of salt. It was pretty close! I could have gone up a little on the lemon/ lime because it wasn’t as tart as at the park, or maybe use less sugar.

There is another recent thread on this topic. The real Dole Whip is a non-dairy product and has the consistency/taste more like sorbet then ice cream. There are numerous recipes online and any that use ground up bananas or pineapples aren't the real thing. There is no fruit pulp in the real Dole Whip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter