Doing the breakfast in a week and have some questions!

movingthestars

Treasure Planet addict
Hi Disboards,
Hoping someone here can help me out! We are headed to Aulani for the character breakfast in about a week from now and I think the situation has changed quickly recently so I'm hoping someone can provide some recent insight on the experience.
  • Are Mickey and Minnie still greeting behind partitions/on the stage? Or can we get closer now?
  • Are characters coming to the tables now?
  • Finally, we were just in WDW and purchased Photopass then. When we go to Aulani, we are going to still be well under 30 days from the first day we activated our Photopass. Can we get the character breakfast photos on our Photopass? Or do we have to pay again to get them?
We aren't staying at Aulani, if it matters, just going there briefly to eat. If anyone knows about any of these things, I would be so grateful for the information! :)

Hi! I had my birthday brunch at Aulani on May 22nd. I will do my best to answer your questions.

1. We were greeted by Mickey before seating. There was no partition. He hugged me and signed my niece's autograph book. Back to normal on that one. Chef Goofy did much the same over by the former buffet area.
2. Minnie and Pluto both visited the table, each twice.
3. I honestly have no idea. We paid for photos here, and it was mentioned that we could find them through the DisneyLand app, not Disney World. But I confess I don't know anything at all about Photopass.

Have fun. We'd like to go back to Aulani soon for sure, and would do this again unquestionably.

Aren’t the breakfast pictures are separate from photopass? They don’t show up with the photopass pictures right? Do they come by the table and show the pictures and offer them to buy right then or how do they do the breakfast pictures?

I don't know anything about photopass, but I can confirm that they came to the table, showed us the pictures, and offered to sell us all of the pictures plus one print picture in an envelope for $45.

Was there last week. Breakfast pictures are separate ($35 for one print; $35 for unlimited digital; $45 for print/digital, I believe). I bought the digital. Aulani Photopass is on the Disneyland App, so once I purchased my breakfast photos, they scanned it to a Photopass card and then I scanned the card to link to my account.

Also, how long does the overall experience/breakfast last? If we have a reservations at 9am when should we expect to be done by?

Also, how long does the overall experience/breakfast last? If we have a reservations at 9am when should we expect to be done by?
We did the breakfast 3 times over. Typically from check in to check out, 1:15 to 1:30. We always did ours at 7 or 7:15 so we can get our pool bracelets and towels on the way up to our room. You can risk the pool chair police and get your towels laid out before breakfast and head out to the pool when you finish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter