Does this mean we passed ROFR - Mason Title asking for funds transfer

Straulin

Mouseketeer
So we just received a DocuSign buyers packet from Xxxx Title asking us to sign and notify them when we have the funds wired. We are at day 31 of a right of first refusal period.

Does that mean we passed ROFR!? My contact is away from her desk and we are super excited / freaking out we are spending so much money both at the same time.

Last edited:
I would say maybe. Confirm with the title company or broker before you wire funds! You want to make sure the title company has the seller documents in hand. I learned that lesson once and the seller dragged his feet for a month...I had to threaten to pull out of the contract. At that point he finally sent in his documents. Good luck!

Yes - sounds like you passed ROFR :) A similar thing happened to me when I bought my first resale, I never got an official email I’d passed - just closing doc.s to sign from the title co..
BTW, some folks choose to sign the doc.s but wait to wire the funds until after they are notified that the seller’s have signed & returned their doc.s. I always just wired funds right away, but then waiting for dawdling sellers to get their doc.s back was nerve wracking.

I would say maybe. Confirm with the title company or broker before you wire funds! You want to make sure the title company has the seller documents in hand. I learned that lesson once and the seller dragged his feet for a month...I had to threaten to pull out of the contract. At that point he finally sent in his documents. Good luck!
We went ahead and sent it. The contract was up to 65 days for closing so they can't drag over a month.

Congratulations on reaching the home stretch - time to wander on over to this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time-2021-and-2022-edition.3836891/page-78#post-64016167 for company as you wait for the sellers to sign, your deed to be recorded, DVC to set up your membership, & then, the last hurdle before you book that BC stay, DVC to load those points.
Yeah, I don't know if we will manage anything for the kids' fall break in October but I've already warned my wife that BCV is probably a no-go during the food and wine festival. We will see once we have points loaded. Then I will have to borrow from next year as they banked what little was left on this use year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter