Does this dining 'schedule' seem doable?

Taylor F.

I will never grow up.
September 17-23rd. Regular Dining Plan. Staying at Polynesian:stitch2:. Four days of hoppers.

17th (Sunday) - Check In. Likely venture into Disney Springs to eat at Rainforest Café like we do every time we check in.

18th (Monday) - Hollywood Studios
B= Snack from Capt Cook.
L= Backlot Express
D= (Epcot) Via Napoli or Coral Reef and walk WS (help me choose!)

19th (Tuesday) - Magic Kingdom
B= Snack from Capt Cook
L= Friar Nook
D= Be Our Guest

20th (Wednesday) - Universal Studios
B= Capt Cook Actual Breakfast
L= Universal
D= Ohana

21st (Thursday) - Epcot
B= Snack at Capt Cook
L= Akershus
D= Sunshine Seasons

22nd (Friday) - Animal Kingdom
B= Ohana
L= Yak N Yeti
D= Flame Tree BBQ (?)

23rd (Saturday) - Checkout - Disney Springs and use up whatever credits we have left to eat and take home (driving)

I need some pointers on times for the TS's and some of the QS's.... I can begin booking my ADRs 3/13 (I read you can book 189 days in advanced if you're staying on resort? Or is it still 180?) Anything about my food selection that is a no-go? I'll have to work fast passes around these times. It will be me, my husband, my 4yo, my 9mo, and my mom. Mom and 9mo old will be doing their own thing a lot of the time and may eat elsewhere, but I'm putting them down on the reservation anyway as my mom will be on the DP.

Also my Ohana dinner goal is 8:15 so we'd be able to see the fireworks. That's the goal anyway. Hopefully I can get a reservation. :scared:

Tuesday is a Mickey's Not So Scary. If you don't have a party ticket, you will not be allowed to eat at a Magic Kingdom TS after 6:15.

Depending on what you're doing at Universal, even an 8:15 Ohana will have you rushing to get back in time.

Have you thought about Tutto Italia for dinner instead of Via Napoli? (Unless you're gearing for Pizza, then go for it!) Coral Reef I'd save for your full Epcot day and for Lunch. Its a lovely break from the heat, and perhaps for dinner on your full Epcot day you could do a QS or snack around the world.

Tuesday is a Mickey's Not So Scary. If you don't have a party ticket, you will not be allowed to eat at a Magic Kingdom TS after 6:15.

Depending on what you're doing at Universal, even an 8:15 Ohana will have you rushing to get back in time.

Ok here's the update. This feasible?

Sunday - Check-in --> Rainforest Café

Monday - Hollywood Studios
B= Capt Cook - S
L= Backlot Express - QS
D= SciFi @ 5pm - TS

Tuesday - Epcot
B= F&W Festival - S
L= Akershus @ 11:15am - TS
D= F&W Festival - S
** quick service credit available too

Wednesday - Universal
B= Ohana @ 7:30am - TS
L= Universal
D= City Walk

Thursday - Magic Kingdom
B= Capt Cook - S
L= Friar Nook - QS
D= Be Our Guest @ 6:00pm - TS

Friday - Animal Kingdom
B= Chef Mickey @ 7:30am (never been-want to say we did it) - TS
L= Yak n Yeti (or snack depending) - QS
D= Ohana @ 7:00pm (doesn't AK close earlier than the rest of the parks?) - TS

Saturday - Disney Springs
B= QS credit wherever
L= QS credit wherever
Shouldn't have any snack credits leftover after traipsing around to F&W.

I switched around MK asks EP days as I don't want to be caught in MNSSHP.

We are wildebeests when it comes to food. We always eat a lot. A LOT. And whatever the 4yo doesn't finish my husband will clean her plate (I'm convinced he has a twin living inside him eating as well)... We will be park hopping too so the snacks will likely be taken up at Epcot and the QS options listed aren't as important. We just need to be at the right place for the reservation.

Does this change sound doable?

Can't you tell I've never done ADRs? Haha.

Ok here's the update. This feasible?

Sunday - Check-in --> Rainforest Café

Monday - Hollywood Studios
B= Capt Cook - S
L= Backlot Express - QS
D= SciFi @ 5pm - TS

Tuesday - Epcot
B= F&W Festival - S
D= F&W Festival - S

Wednesday - Universal
B= Ohana @ 7:30am - TS
L= Universal
D= City Walk

Thursday - Magic Kingdom
B= Capt Cook - S
L= Friar Nook - QS
D= Be Our Guest @ 6:00pm - TS

Friday - Animal Kingdom
B= Chef Mickey @ 7:30am (never been-want to say we did it) - TS
L= Yak n Yeti (or snack depending) - QS
D= Ohana @ 7:00pm (doesn't AK close earlier than the rest of the parks?) - TS

Saturday - Disney Springs
B= QS credit wherever
L= QS credit wherever
Shouldn't have any snack credits leftover after traipsing around to F&W.

I switched around MK asks EP days as I don't want to be caught in MNSSHP.

We are wildebeests when it comes to food. We always eat a lot. A LOT. And whatever the 4yo doesn't finish my husband will clean her plate (I'm convinced he has a twin living inside him eating as well)... We will be park hopping too so the snacks will likely be taken up at Epcot and the QS options listed aren't as important. We just need to be at the right place for the reservation.

Does this change sound doable?

Can't you tell I've never done ADRs? Haha.

I think your updated plan seems a lot better than the original plan. It would be way too much food for my family, but since you said your family eats a lot, it should work out well. Since you've never done ADRs before, my advice would be to prioritize your list from most to least popular and make the reservations in that order. BOG, for example, would be the first ADR I would try for when my window opens. Also, since you asked about park hours you can find those here: http://wdwprepschool.com/september-at-disney-world/

Tuesday - Epcot
B= F&W Festival - S
D= F&W Festival - S

F&W kiosks will not open until 11AM and will not be breakfast options before an 11:15 Akershus. Sunshine Seasons, the bakery in Norway and the bakery in France will be open for breakfast.

September 17-23rd. Regular Dining Plan. Staying at Polynesian:stitch2:. Four days of hoppers.

1. I can begin booking my ADRs 3/13 (I read you can book 189 days in advanced if you're staying on resort? Or is it still 180?) Anything about my food selection that is a no-go? I'll have to work fast passes around these times. It will be me, my husband, my 4yo, my 9mo, and my mom.
2. Mom and 9mo old will be doing their own thing a lot of the time and may eat elsewhere, but I'm putting them down on the reservation anyway as my mom will be on the DP.
1. Since you are staying at the Poly, dining reservations can be made 180 days before your check in date and at that time for the rest of your stay (180 + 10 days or length of stay). Reservations open online at 6 AM Eastern time and phone at 7 AM Eastern time.

1a. Here is a calculator to figure out your 180 day:
http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

2. Include everyone who might be dining so definitely include your Mother and your 9 month old. It is always easier to show up at a reservation with fewer people than it is to try and add someone later. As long as at least one person shows up for the reservation, you will not be charged the $10 per person no show fee.

Your choices and times look good. As auroraborealis said, F&W kiosks will not be open until 11 AM, but Les Halles in France opens at 9AM and is our favorite breakfast spot. By September with Rivers of Light and Pandora AK will have longer hours than past years. This month I think it's open until 9 PM on many nights.

The 2nd pass is better, but I'm still not crazy about 'Ohana then Universal. 'Ohana is family style with characters, so you want to have time there... if I did that I'd be itching to get on the road so we could make rope drop. If Uni opens at 9, you're never going to make it. 7:30 breakfast, done at 8:30-9:00, then drive, park, walk in, and you could be entering the park as late as 10:00. I would prefer a snack breakfast at Captain Cook this day (which you take on the road) then get on the road and have an early lunch in Hogsmeade or Diagon.

Are you an EMH fan? Monday is AK am. You're going to HS. Maybe flip your HS/AK days?

To fit in the 'Ohana breakfast, I'd move it to Saturday / Check-out. What better way to check out than w a character breakfast with no time pressure. Then head over to DS.

Since you'll be at Epcot late that day (pm EMH), I would plan to roll in just in time for your Akershus. Take this as a mid-trip sleep-in day.

AK day-- I would not do Chef Mickey's breakfast and 'Ohana dinner. That's killing all your time at the AK (Pandora just opened - you'll need time here), and by having dinner at the hotel, you'll miss Rivers of Light. Is that ok? I would switch your Y&Y to the Tusker House or Tiffins ROL package.

I would do the Ohana dinner on your HS day. Move the Sci-Fi to lunch. Get there at open, have lunch around noon, leave by 3, and then you've got time to swim before Ohana.

I know I pretty much upended your whole plan, but I would change all those things. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter