Does this count as a split stay?

MinnieInVA

Actually MinnieInCA now, but whatever...
I did a quick search and didn’t see an answer: I’m staying at BCV soon, and while I’m there for 7 nights, I had to book a 3 night and a 4 night stay to use some DVC points that were going to expire. The reservation is linked so I can be in the same room for all 7 days. I’m assuming this is still going to count as a split stay for booking ADRs and therefore I’ll have 2 booking windows (which stinks). Can anyone confirm if my assumption is correct? TIA!

Yes, I believe that would be 2 booking windows. That happens whenever there are two reservation confirmation numbers.

This is a DVC question more than a restaurant question. Have you asked over there?

I really want to say 2 windows but being DVC and linked I’m not sure. But I’m still leaning towards the 2 windows.

I can move this thread if you like, totally up to you.

I did a quick search and didn’t see an answer: I’m staying at BCV soon, and while I’m there for 7 nights, I had to book a 3 night and a 4 night stay to use some DVC points that were going to expire. The reservation is linked so I can be in the same room for all 7 days. I’m assuming this is still going to count as a split stay for booking ADRs and therefore I’ll have 2 booking windows (which stinks). Can anyone confirm if my assumption is correct? TIA!
Yes, you’re right. Pre-COVID-19, we could call DVC MS and they could book ADRs for the full length of stay, but that privilege didn’t come back when the resorts reopened. So now a split stay has two ADR windows. When window #1 opens, though, you can make ADRs that include the day you check out from that reservation, and on 60 days from checkin #2 you can book the remaining days in that reservation.

Was met with this scenario this morning. MDE shows the dates of the second part of my split as highlighted blue but they are unable to be selected :( I thought this issue had been corrected, but I guess I was mistaken.

You might call DVC and see if they can combine the 2 into 1. Since they were booked with different points, I'm not sure if that is possible.
Otherwise, as others have said, it most likely is 2 booking windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter