Does the Magic ever sail out of Port Canaveral

Chandra C

Mouseketeer
I have sailed on the other 3 Disney ships. I would love to try the
Magic especially with the recent changes! We always drive to Port Canaveral and that’s pretty much my limit for a road trip, about 8 hours. I can’t find any information showing where this has happened or will happen in the future but thought someone might have a definite answer, thanks

Unfortunately, for all the sailing dates through December 2019, the only US mainland ports for the Magic are NYC and Miami.

It sailed out of PC two or three years ago and we took a couple of cruises on it then.

Now the Wonder is occupying that spot at PC.

We just debarked from the Magic a few days ago out of Barcelona. Since it had been dry-docked, I figured all would be in excellent order. I feel DCL did not look into all that needed refurbishment. In the Wonder, Fantasy and Dream I found that my staterooms were always in great shape; not so with the Magic. The stars above the bunkbed had a peeled part that was torn off. The couch had a couple of broken springs inside so that when you sat down it squeaked and was very uncomfortable (my friend said that her couch in her stateroom had a similar problem). There were other 'little' things throughout the ship that were not Disney perfect (blue paint on one of the windows near Keys, etc....).

This did not ruin my cruise. I love DCL and enjoyed the sailing. But I did notice. I noticed because I pay premium prices to sail on a cruise line that creates magic by making people wonder how they consistently live up to to their guests dreams and fantasies.

It sailed out of PC two or three years ago and we took a couple of cruises on it then.

Now the Wonder is occupying that spot at PC.
Must have been after the Cadiz dry dock?

For @Chandra C , Miami is another 3 hours from port canaveral. I understand not wanting to have to drive so far. Depending on where you are coming from, maybe the autotrain would be a decent choice. A small drive to DC. and then a nice train ride before another small drive when you get off.

We just debarked from the Magic a few days ago out of Barcelona. Since it had been dry-docked, I figured all would be in excellent order. I feel DCL did not look into all that needed refurbishment. In the Wonder, Fantasy and Dream I found that my staterooms were always in great shape; not so with the Magic. The stars above the bunkbed had a peeled part that was torn off. The couch had a couple of broken springs inside so that when you sat down it squeaked and was very uncomfortable (my friend said that her couch in her stateroom had a similar problem). There were other 'little' things throughout the ship that were not Disney perfect (blue paint on one of the windows near Keys, etc....).

This did not ruin my cruise. I love DCL and enjoyed the sailing. But I did notice. I noticed because I pay premium prices to sail on a cruise line that creates magic by making people wonder how they consistently live up to to their guests dreams and fantasies.
This last dry dock was a quick 2 week one focusing on some public spaces (Rapunzel's, Cove Cafe, Vibe, Duck in Diner) and putting new TV's w/ on demand movies into the staterooms. Staterooms were redone back in the Fall of 2013...so it's almost been 5 years...sounds like they need to do them again!

Could you do Miami? It seems to spend the winters out of NYC or Miami now a days.

I am in the same boat as you. I have sailed the other three ships and really wanted to find a cruise we could do on the Magic, but between the cruise lengths and the ports it sails out of we have never found anything that works for us.
I saw it on our last cruise right outside of Castaway Cay, since it sailed right by the Wonder for a short bit, but that was the closest I have come to sailing it yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter