Does my hubby need a tie?

Kimer

Earning My Ears
Okay - I have seen a lot of posts saying that the men need a coat - but do they need to wear a tie too?

For the 3 night and 4 night cruises, as well as in Palo, I'd say it's optional. On the 7 night, I'd say a tie is needed for Formal and Semi-Formal nights.

I'd say that it is definitely required in Palo and on the Formal and semi formal nights. If ties just dont suit him, Topsiders has an informal buffet of the same food during most nights on the 7 day cruise.

If you're on a 7 nighter, skip the suit (or sport coat) and bring a dress shirt and tie. Much less room in the suitcase, a lot more comfortable to wear and it's easy to ditch the tie (put it in a pocket) after dinner if you are rushing off to see one of the many shows that take place in the evening. Dress shirt, tie, slacks and sandals are my formal attire. Other nights I replace the dress shirt and tie with a polo shirt.

And no, you/he won't feel out of place. Contrary to many peoples opinion, it will not ruin the dinner for you and EVERYONE else in the restaurant.

We have done both the Eastern/Western 7-night Magic cruises and both times DH wore his suit/tie for formal/semi-formal nights, as well as our one time at Palo.

We just got back yesterday from the 1/18 Wonder 4-night cruise (with my parents) and we left the formal clothes at home. I had heard the Wonder is more "casual" and found it to be true. DH wore khaki's and polo shirts (a button down tropical shirt the night we went to Parrot Cay) to the dining rooms and didn't feel out of place at all. We saw everything in the dining rooms from shorts/jeans and t-shirts (a little TOO casual in my humble opinion) to nice slacks/shirts or polo shirts, and a few suits and ties but I stress FEW on that. Not many women wore really dressy clothes either.

Hubby wore a tux for formal night...and his nice black suit with a silk tee for palo and semi-formal night. He wasn't out of place at all without a tie.

So, be comfy and enjoy!

On 7 night, far more people dress up for formal and semi-formal night than not. There are more tux's than coat & ties, which are by far more than people dressed as rabbit says. There is no enforcement of a dress code so you could dress as you like, so from that perspective it's up to you. A jacket & tie takes up minimal space

formal and semi formal nights on 7-day, definitely a suit and tie....as for Palo, jacket and dress shirt without tie is fine...

formal and semi formal nights on 7-day, definitely a suit and tie....as for Palo, jacket and dress shirt without tie is fine...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter