Does money buy you dining access?

Do you think this is true? I suppose if you are staying on a Concierge Level, the Concierge can find you ADRs someplace where they can squeeze you in. But can they get you where you want to go, when you want to go - even at the last minute?
The Club Level Cast Members could only get Club Level guests last minute ADR's at restaurants located at the resort they are staying at. So for any restaurants located in the 4Theme Parks, Downtown Disney and the other WDW Resorts, those guests would be in the same situation as all the other guests when it comes to getting last minute ADR's.

We're discussing two situations here.

I agree that tipping a waiter or using a concierge isn't going to get anyone very far. I don't think anyone has suggested this exactly but lots of folks have used this example as an argument against the idea that the rich can get better treatment at WDW.

I believe, however, that the very rich are very well known by Disney and will have access to CM's who do not help the average concierge guest and who can "authorize" virtually anything they want.

Back before we knew better and thought WDW concierge functioned like the rest of the world, we once asked at WL about a few reservations. We got a quick check of the reservation system and a blank stare.

12th floor at CR was the same experience, though I wasn't expecting anything more than bagels and snacks there. It's not real concierge, even in the diminished state concierge exists at WDW.

We did have a different story at RPC. We wanted to eat at a popular restaurant that night. System said there was nothing available. Concierge made a phone call, we got a table. No money changed hands or anything, but they were definitely willing to work through channels to get us what we wanted.

Back before we knew better and thought WDW concierge functioned like the rest of the world, we once asked at WL about a few reservations.

1) That is why concierge floor is not called "Club Floor".
2) WDW was roundly criticized for advertising a concierge floor.
3) Especially since WDW does not offer any true concierge services.
. . . no car rentals
. . . no out off-site restaurant ressies
. . . no theater tickets
. . . no limo arrangements
. . . no airline ressies
. . . no special services
. . . no searching for local arrangements
. . . no special favors for guests

NOTE: Some of us have gone out of our way for non-Disney services or ressies, and make sure we do not get caught, as it is a serious offense.

To be fair each time we have stayed Club Level we always request items like a Half a Grapefruit for my Mom when she has breakfast, because it's one thing not available in the lounges during that time. Plus this past August when we stayed Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn she asked for some Sprite Zero since they don't have it available in their lounge and one of their Cast Members got her 6 bottles of it. So what you said about them not doing special favours is not accurate.

We were in EPCOT once and President Bush was there... Probably in the fall of 1991. Think he qualified for Level I?

I have to agree with your husband. Just like anywhere in the world $$$ buys perks.

For example, when the TV show Jon and Kate +8 traveled to WDW they had all the perks. Private meetings with princesses and so on.

Yes it was a TV show but they were also HOT at the time and they got perks.

How many of us can have the fab. 5 + some princesses play with our kids in a private grassy area.

$$$ and fame get perks.

That wasn't "special perks". That was "free advertising" for Disney! I would imagine that TLC and Disney arranged everything, and Disney has free advertising whenever that episode airs.

That show was on years ago, and we are still talking about it. And I hear about it every time it airs from the weekly Disney TV updates.

That wasn't "special perks". That was "free advertising" for Disney! I would imagine that TLC and Disney arranged everything, and Disney has free advertising whenever that episode airs.

That show was on years ago, and we are still talking about it. And I hear about it every time it airs from the weekly Disney TV updates.

I have no idea what you're talking about.:confused3

. . . Sprite Zero . . . one of their Cast Members got her 6 bottles of it. So what you said about them not doing special favours is not accurate.

1) This was good, but not truly a special concierge favor.
2) It is nice, but really only a minor task
3) Concierge Floors elsewhere are used to unusual/difficult favors.
4) Businessmen have unique requirements, and Concierge need to cater.
. . . office supplies
. . . personal grooming supplies
. . . business machines or computers
. . . steno or secretarial services
. . . special bedding or pillows
. . . snacks or beverages 24-hrs
. . . tables of snacks/beverages set for meetings or gatherings
. . . staff that keeps the areas quiet, when requested
. . . staff who bring snacks to the table or refresh drinks
. . . errands that need to be run
. . . etc

NOTE1: Concierge on the Club Floors do try to help when possible, but try to get the above on a WDW Club Floor. Having worked WDW Club Floors, we would get a stern talk if we tried to supply such service(s).

NOTE2: Now, I am not trying to say that WDW Club Floors are bad, as they are quite nice at WDW and the CM-staff usually tries to be friendly, courteous, and helpful, and the snacks are usually quite tasty. It is just that the services offered do not compare to the Concierge Floor Service at any of the Orlando (or other place) hotels. As an example, if you stay Concierge Floor at the Orlando Ritz - for less than the GF Club Floor - you get a FREE Mercedes Benz to drive during your stay.

3) Concierge Floors elsewhere are used to unusual/difficult favors.
.[/I]

Once at the Beverly Hills Willshire the concierge arranged for a Rolls Royce on 2 hours notice. It was for business, but they came through with flyiong colors. Disney club level is a joke compared to this.

I don't know if it necessarily helps to have money... A girl I grew up with is married to a major league baseball player (who is one of the better known names on his team, and he has a multi-million dollar contract). They have been to WDW a couple of times with their children, stayed club level in the $$$$ suites at one of the Epcot resorts, had the VIP tour service that gets you to the front of the line, etc.

They decided in early October that they wanted to take the whole extended family to WDW the second week of December, which would have required six rooms, for which they were willing to pay full price. There weren't six rooms available together at any resort for them, even with his level of fame and income, due to the wildly popular free dining/25-40% off offer/Pop Warner crowds. They are going in January instead. So the name recognition and ability to pay full price and purchase a platinum plan or whatever the mack-daddy all inclusive plan is called didn't get him anywhere!

But anyone can ask at the concierge desk at their resort what last minute ressies are available all over WDW for free, no money involved. :)

Actually, it goes beyond even that.

About a year & a half ago, my friend and I were waiting to be called for our ADR at 1900 Park Fare at the GF - we were staying at the CBR. While we were waiting, I saw one of the lobby concierges unoccupied, so I went up with a question. I told her straight out I wasn't staying there (but at the CBR), but that I just had a question - and she ended up helping us get ressies anyway.

No $$$$$ required, thank God - since I was definitely on a $$ budget. :lmao:

Though I did end up doing her a small favor - but it definitely wasn't quid pro quo.

1) That is why concierge floor is not called "Club Floor".
2) WDW was roundly criticized for advertising a concierge floor.
3) Especially since WDW does not offer any true concierge services.
. . . no car rentals
. . . no out off-site restaurant ressies
. . . no theater tickets
. . . no limo arrangements
. . . no airline ressies
. . . no special services
. . . no searching for local arrangements

NOTE: Some of us have gone out of our way for non-Disney services or ressies, and make sure we do not get caught, as it is a serious offense.

I always wondered why Disney no longer used the term concierge room like they did the year we were upgraded at the YC and now used Club Level instead, but I do see where it could be very misleading and they would be critisized like you said if a guest booked such a room and then found out it did not include what they expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!