• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does FD have blackout periods??

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

DIS Veteran
I am hoping for FD because my PIN had blackout dates during which we really need to travel (so that my kids don't miss school). So does anyone know if the FD offered in the past had Columbus weekend blacked out?:confused:

In the past free dining was mid-end of Aug to end of Sept, beginning of October. I don't think it went to Columbus day.

I was mainly referring to this past year when they did offer FD much longer...actually on into Dec. I understand that it's not the norm to offer it during these times though.

I am hoping for FD because my PIN had blackout dates during which we really need to travel (so that my kids don't miss school). So does anyone know if the FD offered in the past had Columbus weekend blacked out?:confused:

I'm not 100% sure, but I looked back at the deal info I had saved and I show that the FD extension that came out last July (on July 24, 2009 for Disney VISA cardholders, and on July 27, 2009 for general public) for September 27-December 17, 2009 stays, only mentioned possible black out dates of November 25 – 29, 2009 and then only due to availability.....

So IF they offer it again, unless they change the terms you might be in luck, as long as there is availability. :goodvibes

I'm not 100% sure, but I looked back at the deal info I had saved and I show that the FD extension that came out last July (on July 24, 2009 for Disney VISA cardholders, and on July 27, 2009 for general public) for September 27-December 17, 2009 stays, only mentioned possible black out dates of November 25 – 29, 2009 and then only due to availability.....

So IF they offer it again, unless they change the terms you might be in luck, as long as there is availability. :goodvibes

Thanks, I'll take any shred of hope I can get!!:)

In 2009 there was a public free dining offer for check-ins from September 27 to December 17. Yes, that did include Columbus Day, and no, Columbus Day was not blacked out - the only blackouts were around Thanksgiving. That doesn't mean the same will happen in 2010.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter