Does Disney give discounts for AAA

debbs0723

DIS Veteran
Does disney offer AAA discounts on merchandise, food, and tickets?

I can't find out anything on AAA site.

Thanks,
Debbie

Some of the Swan/Dolphin restaurants and some of the DTD restaurants will do AAA discounts. None in the parks or Disney resorts.

You may be able to get a small discount on WDW tickets or rooms if you book them through AAA. Ask a AAA travel agent.

No merchandise discounts that I know of.

We just booked two rooms at the BWI with an AAA discount, room-only, through the Disney line--just asked if we could apply an AAA discount (didn't know if there was one or not) and the agent looked, and was surprised we could (we're traveling over the holidays) but said yes. It never hurts to ask politely.

from mousesavers.com

A few restaurants offer discounts for members of the American Automobile Association (AAA) or the Canadian Automobile Association (CAA).

Some of the discounts below may be intended only for those who have the AAA Vacations Diamond Card, which you get if you book your vacation through AAA. However, there seems to be some confusion about this, and sometimes people have used a regular AAA card at the same location. I am honestly not sure which card is actually required for the discounts below, as I've had mixed experiences myself. It may depend on the restaurant employee and how well they understand the discount program. So if you have only a regular AAA card, give it a try, but if the restaurant employees say no, accept that they may be correct.

Most of the Swan and Dolphin hotel restaurants will give you a 20% discount on food only (not beverages). The Swan/Dolphin restaurants that do NOT offer this discount include Il Mulino and Shula's.

Downtown Disney restaurants:

15% discount at Earl of Sandwich
10%-15% discount at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain
Most Landry's restaurants (including Landry's Seafood House, Oceanaire Seafood Room and The Crab House, but NOT Rainforest Cafe, Yak & Yeti or T-REX) offer a 10% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages for AAA members. Valid for up to six people, including AAA member, per AAA membership card. Offer excludes tax, tip and alcoholic beverages. Not valid with any other offer, promotion, or discount. Thanks to Marlene for info.

1) Disney "gives" nothing at all. :rolleyes1
2) But, as mentioned above, they do honor AAA discounts.

Since my family and I like to eat at Earl of Sandwich at least 2 or 3 times it's great getting the CAA discount and the 15% discount which comes with it.

Depending on where you are located, some AAA clubs offer discounted tickets. You get the discount through the package if you book with the AAA discount or you can buy just the tickets alone at a discounted rate in the office if you don't book a package. I live in Western NY and used to work at AAA and that's what they did here. Also if you have a package booked with them, they gave you a Diamond Card which offered discounts at select merch places and restaurants. I don't know if this is available outside of a package though, I don't think it is.

Our local AAA gives discounts on park passes. We have annual passes and sometimes Disney will have a better deal. Like a previous poster mentioned, it never hurts to ask, politely, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter