Does Disney clean/sanitize the rides?

tuckerkeys

official cookie taster
Sorry if I'm sounding like an idiot, I mean I realize that when the park's closed things get done during this time but....

I'm wondering if/when Disney actually cleans the ride vehicles? Sanitizes them or something? I've really noticed the yuck factor on some rides lately...The amount of people getting in & out of them for 12+ hrs a day I'm sure the gross factor can really build up! Don't even get me started about splash mountain & the log flume handles...I mean have you ever SMELLED YOUR HANDS after coming OFF that ride? :crazy2:

If I think about it too much it just grosses me out so we wash our hands often & sanitize...But still I'm just wondering how Disney handles that load of people w/ disinfecting stuff....

I'm not sure about them disinfecting the rides, but I do know they have put up sanitizer dispensers all over the place. It is much easier to get the germs off of you then for Disney to keep the germs off of the rides.

They don't clean them. Sometimes the opening crew in the morning will take the time to wipe down the ride vehicles, mainly to make them look presentable, but a full on disinfect? Not happening. If the ride vehicles go into an annual (where it is taken part, each piece inspected, then put back together) then it'll get clean cause it'll be basically all new parts, but on a daily basis, no the ride vehicles don't get a heavy cleaning.

All the rides are cleaned periodically, especailly when shut down for the night or moved behind the scenes............always have !

AKK

Sorry if I'm sounding like an idiot, I mean I realize that when the park's closed things get done during this time but....

I'm wondering if/when Disney actually cleans the ride vehicles? Sanitizes them or something? I've really noticed the yuck factor on some rides lately...:

If I think about it too much it just grosses me out so we wash our hands often & sanitize...But still I'm just wondering how Disney handles that load of people w/ disinfecting stuff....

We're you there during Jersey Week?

Cheers!

Max

I laughed when I read your comment about smelling your hands after Splash Mountain. I thought it was a previous rider's body odor when I first sat down. And this face :crazy2: definitely sums it all up!

I'm not sure about them disinfecting the rides, but I do know they have put up sanitizer dispensers all over the place. It is much easier to get the germs off of you then for Disney to keep the germs off of the rides.

Sorry, I will disagree. For the vastness of the resort, there are hardly enough sanitizers at all. When there in July, most of them were empty, and not being refilled at all. Told many CMs, and they said they aren't filled up as much as they were during the H1N1 scare. Disney should have way more sanitizers all over the place, IMHO.

Sun is a natural sanitizer, so it will kill certain levels of bacteria, but inside rides would need to be sanitized for sure after vomiting or such, but I highly doubt they do it on a daily basis besides taking out cups, packages, or taking items to lost and found, etc.

I do agree though that it's much easier for us to keep the germs off of ourselves though!

Tiger

When I worked in attractions, we swept the ride vehicles every morning for leaves and debris (outdoor ride) but that was it. Definitely no disinfecting :sick:

Disinfecting ride vehicles would be a total waste of time and money. Think of the time and effort it would take to do that each day, week or month. It is also not effective for battling disease. Just do what your mom told you and wash your hands and you will be fine. Carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer with you.

It is kind of like taking all the chickens out of a chicken coop, hosing it down, scrubbing it with soap, drying it and then spraying sanitizer all over. What good does that do if you are going to put the chickens back in the next day?

Dan

It's not just WDW - if you think that any public place gets regular full on deep cleaning you're fooling yourself. Think of all the places and things you touch in a day - at work, at the bank, bars and restaurants, public transportation, at the gym, ... it's all just surface clean.

Just do what your mom told you and wash your hands and you will be fine. Carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer with you.
To clarify: Both, not either/or.

Handwashing is the only way to get rid of viruses (colds, flu).
Sanitizer will help with bacteria (strep throat, etc), but not viruses.

If they were sanitized or disinfected, they would be in a unsanitized state after the first riders of the day rode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter