Does DCL Transfer to MCO assign you a bus/time to leave?

3Mickeys

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure I have seen this question answered and apologize in advance if it has.

We are considering doing DCL transfer back to MCO because we are flying JetBlue and could do the onboard checkin. In the past it has been more economical for my family of 5 to use a car service. However, since we are flying JetBlue, and could use the service, we are thinking it may be worth the extra money.

Our flight departs MCO 11:55am. The official DCL site says flight must be scheduled after 11:25am. Ok, that works. It then says We recommend that you allow a minimum of 4 hours at the beginning and end of your cruise for travel time, customs/immigrations clearances and security checks at Port Canaveral and the airport.

I don't think we need 4 hours as long as everything with the ship arriving in PC is on schedule. Will DCL tell us when we have to leave the ship? Will they assign us to a specific bus?? I'm afraid they will tell us we need to be the first ones off the ship in order to catch this 11:55am flight which in their minds is early - but as all of you know, is quite do-able.

If I have boarding passes in hand, and my bags are already checked, I'm happy getting to MCO at 10-10:30 which means I walk off the ship at 9. But if they assign a time, I'm sure it will be earlier. Thanks for thoughts on this. My TA actually said she hasn't really had many clients use the service :scared1:
Trying not to project my feelings on that on her ability to successfully manage this trip of mine as we have used her before. ;)

I'm not sure I have seen this question answered and apologize in advance if it has.

We are considering doing DCL transfer back to MCO because we are flying JetBlue and could do the onboard checkin. In the past it has been more economical for my family of 5 to use a car service. However, since we are flying JetBlue, and could use the service, we are thinking it may be worth the extra money.

Our flight departs MCO 11:55am. The official DCL site says flight must be scheduled after 11:25am. Ok, that works. It then says We recommend that you allow a minimum of 4 hours at the beginning and end of your cruise for travel time, customs/immigrations clearances and security checks at Port Canaveral and the airport.

I don't think we need 4 hours as long as everything with the ship arriving in PC is on schedule. Will DCL tell us when we have to leave the ship? Will they assign us to a specific bus?? I'm afraid they will tell us we need to be the first ones off the ship in order to catch this 11:55am flight which in their minds is early - but as all of you know, is quite do-able.

If I have boarding passes in hand, and my bags are already checked, I'm happy getting to MCO at 10-10:30 which means I walk off the ship at 9. But if they assign a time, I'm sure it will be earlier. Thanks for thoughts on this. My TA actually said she hasn't really had many clients use the service :scared1:
Trying not to project my feelings on that on her ability to successfully manage this trip of mine as we have used her before. ;)

Unless things have changed since last April, there are no assigned times. The buses going to MCO are lined up and as one fills, it leaves (and they start boarding the next).

Just back (Thursday) from the Disney Dream. We were AT the airport by 9am. Because of the breakfast rotation we had the 6:45am breakfast. We ate and walked off the ship as instructed. No lines anywhere, less than 10 mins through customs and we got right onto the bus. At the Airport by 9am. Like fools we didn't fly home till 6:15pm but we rented a car and hit one of the parks to kill time. All worked out. Next time I will fly home early!

There are no assigned times/busses. But if you are doing onboard check-in and your flight is before 1 pm (and we have had a 12:50pm flight several times, no exceptions and you can't "fudge" your departure time since they are checking you in for it!) you have to be off the ship by 8am. We usually have late seating dinner so this means we skip the sit down breakfast on departure morning.

They do check to make sure you are off or they will pull your luggage. (All the luggage heads to the port shortly after 8 am (hence why they won't accept it for any flights before 11:30, in case they are delayed in travel or pulling no show luggage!) Once you are off the ship, you will be directed to the next bus to the airport, once that's filled, you will be on your way.

There are no assigned times/busses. But if you are doing onboard check-in and your flight is before 1 pm (and we have had a 12:50pm flight several times, no exceptions and you can't "fudge" your departure time since they are checking you in for it!) you have to be off the ship by 8am. We usually have late seating dinner so this means we skip the sit down breakfast on departure morning.

They do check to make sure you are off or they will pull your luggage. (All the luggage heads to the port shortly after 8 am (hence why they won't accept it for any flights before 11:30, in case they are delayed in travel or pulling no show luggage!) Once you are off the ship, you will be directed to the next bus to the airport, once that's filled, you will be on your way.

Interesting on the bit about being off the ship by 8am if your flight is before 1pm. Was this in documentation somewhere?? If I HAVE to be off the ship by 8 and get to MCO by 9 and then sit for nearly 3 hours until my flight takes off.... I'm starting to think the onboard check in isn't worth it?!

We just got off the ship Sunday and my understanding was if you have main dining you go to the 6:45 breakfast and leave the ship when you are finished. If you have second dining you go to the 8:00 breakfast and again leave the ship when are finished. I don't recall hearing them say anything about flight times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter