Does Cape May look like an IHOP or Denny's to you?

missypie

<font color=red>Has an outlet for romance<br><font
I discovered the Photo Gallery of restaurants on allearsnet.com and looked up all the restaurants in which I was interested. The decor looked great for all of them but Cape May. The Cape May decor looked cold and cheap to me....like a Denny's or IHOP...Is that true? If so, the seafood buffet better be pretty darned good!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I try not trash WDW restaurants, because I love 99% of them, but I've posted about Cape May before..............

I think this place is "Just Average"..................atmosphere, food, ambiance...............Average..........

I try to figure what the other posters who love this place see that I don't.......

As I see it, on this board, CMC is way overrated.....

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I have to agree - It seems over-rated IMHO also. WE ate there a few years ago - my son is a seafood FANATIC & even he has no interest in going back.....
I love the BC & hate to say anything negative about it - but CMC doesn't meet the standards of the rest of the resort....

All I know is we were dying to try it when we stayed at the YC last month but unfortunately we had to leave early due to Frances. We walked by on a Saturday night and the place was hopping!! If we ever make it back there I will let you know...:crazy:

And not to change the subject but we did eat at Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time last month and I have to say we were pretty disappointed there....

Count us (dd15 and I) as another two who do not care for this place! DD was also going to order crab legs (additional cost) because she adores them. They told her that they didn't have them that evening. Oh well. We were so disappointed in the selection and quality. We ended up eating chicken strips! Quite pricey for chicken strips, I might add! For us, that was a "tried it once, won't return" kind of place. Too many other places that are good to waste time there!::yes::

I would rate Cape May right up there with Shoney's!! That's one of the reasons I will never return to the Beach Club - lack of restaurants. Guess I'm just a "food court person." We enjoy eating at all the WDW restaurants but also like the convenience of being able to eat at our resort after a hard day at the parks. B&C is great but don't like the wait. You have to eat either very early or very late to avoid the crowd.

Originally posted by missypie
I discovered the Photo Gallery of restaurants on allearsnet.com and looked up all the restaurants in which I was interested. The decor looked great for all of them but Cape May. The Cape May decor looked cold and cheap to me....like a Denny's or IHOP...Is that true? If so, the seafood buffet better be pretty darned good!

It's not themed all that much, but all in all not so different from any number of WDW hotel restaurants. I would caution you not to expect it to be a world class seafood restaurant, since the only seafood items offered at Cape May are just appetizers at most legitimate seafood places ( steamers. mussels, appetizer shrimp, chowder, and crab legs - which cost extra ). I wouldn't go there with the intention of getting a good seafood meal, but as an overall all-you-can-eat buffet, it's not too bad. Not great, but not bad.

Hmmm, must be in the minority here. We liked it. Thought the breakfast was good and the colorful umbrellas pretty. Character interaction was good too. The only negative thing I'd say was it was loud, lots of really young kids.

Ahhhh phooey! I was hoping to do the character breakfast there since we've already done Chef Mickey's.

Do I need to rethink this decision? It's kind of hard to screw up breakfast...

We did the character breakfast here as well as the buffet dinner when we stayed at the BC on our last trip. It always got such great reviews, I thought that I missed something. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

As far as the breakfast goes... It wasn't a waste for us. There's not a lot of theming but the character interaction was good. My kids loved it. The food was fine. I don't think I would ever make ps for CMC if we were not staying there. I honestly forgot we even ate there until I read the thread.

I'm in the minority, too, I guess. I've had breakfast and dinner there and really enjoyed them both!

Goofy's Beach Blast -

Hi sweet angel,
We thoroughly enjoyed the character breakfast at Cape May. It was more relaxed than Chef Mickey's, and the charactrer interaction was very good, as was the food. We also had an excellent waitress, Dorothy, who made the morning even better.

By the way, we also liked the clambake. Not a real northeast one, but a nice selection of both sea and land food. Great dessert selection.

Enjoy!!! Bob

The character breakfast at Cape May is one of our favorites. It doesn't seem to be as crowded or as difficult to get as others. And the food is excellent. We always try to hit Cape May for breakfast. Haven't eaten dinner there, but I'm not a fan of steamed clams, only fried clams.

Originally posted by finnie48
Goofy's Beach Blast -

Hi sweet angel,
We thoroughly enjoyed the character breakfast at Cape May. It was more relaxed than Chef Mickey's, and the charactrer interaction was very good, as was the food. We also had an excellent waitress, Dorothy, who made the morning even better.

By the way, we also liked the clambake. Not a real northeast one, but a nice selection of both sea and land food. Great dessert selection.

Enjoy!!! Bob

Thanks for the info (means more somehow coming from a fellow "shore" person!!). I'm going to go ahead an make the reservation.

Ohana's is a good choice for breakfast. Mickey is there with Goofy and Chip & Dale. The food is great and the atmosphere can't be beat (but I'm partial to the Poly).

Okay, if dinner at Cape May is nothing great, I'll give you my scenario for the day, and you can suggest an alternative dinner location!

It will the the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend...I anticipate that it will be very hot, very humid and very crowded. We will be staying at YC. I thought we'd spend the morning and as much of the afternoon as we can handle at AK. Then return to YC for dinner and to enjoy SAB. The Cape May clambake seemed perfect for this scenario....do you have other suggestions for dinner that will keep us close to the YC?

Missypie,
Personally, I would still go to CMC. It's so convenient where you are staying and who knows, you may be one of the people who likes it! I would go early, though. As I said above, we were there on a Saturday night before our cruise and it was pretty busy around 8pm. It smelled great, though, and we were really disappointed we couldn't make it there later in the week. Look forward to trying it next trip.

Count my family in the didn't like it group. We stay at the BCV b/c my parents are DVC members. We ate there last year and none of us liked it at all. I think the places over at the boardwalk are better and it's only a short walk over there.

Originally posted by missypie
Okay, if dinner at Cape May is nothing great, I'll give you my scenario for the day, and you can suggest an alternative dinner location!

It will the the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend...I anticipate that it will be very hot, very humid and very crowded. We will be staying at YC. I thought we'd spend the morning and as much of the afternoon as we can handle at AK. Then return to YC for dinner and to enjoy SAB. The Cape May clambake seemed perfect for this scenario....do you have other suggestions for dinner that will keep us close to the YC?

Are you on hoppers? Epcot and all its restaurants are only a short walk - with France and England being closest (Mexico would be a hike). Or Spoodles is a pretty short walk. My "not a good walker" four year old made the hike from the BW to BC and back. Other restaurants at the BW for more casual meals are ESPN and Big River Grille. Or you could go over to the Swan/Dolphin easily as well - not sure what is over there (Tubbi's, Blue Zoo, Kimonos.....) If you eat a early dinner, B&C could be a good choice, or just grab food at Hurricane Hannahs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter