Does anyone remember old Goofy cartoon?

dreamersempire

Mouseketeer
I have a challenge that I doubt can ever be accomplished, its to find an old Disney cartoon that I saw as a child in the late 60's or early 70's. This cartoon, I'm sure shown on a Sunday evening version the Wonderful World of Disney, showed Goofy driving one of the cars in Autopia. Now, my memory is that they took quite a bit of 'artistic license' with it and I took it a bit too literally :upsidedow

So as a young boy I saw that cartoon and it completely energized me, it was the main reason I wanted to get to Disneyland. I didn't get there until I was 14 and I was dying to get on Autopia. It was NOTHING like they demonstrated in that cartoon. In that short cartoon they showed Goofy driving on tracks that covered a lot of the park, going over bridges, by the castle, or at least thats the way I remember it.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THAT CARTOON EXISTS ON YOUTUBE OR ELSEWHERE? I've looked, I can not find it, and I suspect I never will.

DOES ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER THAT CARTOON? If so, I'd love to verify that it was anything like I remembered.

That cartoon I believe was what energized my creative side. Now I was disappointed in the ride, but it was all taken care of by Pirates of the Carribean :)

The only thing I can find (and I have now devoted about an hour to your search - it's OK I was bored anyhow, and this kept me from having to do laundry :laundy:) after searching old Wonderful World of Disney sets on Amazon, looking at the contents of the "Complete Goofy" Treasures set, and searching You Tube is "FreewayPhobia".

I am pretty sure that isn't it, right? :confused3

That isn't it but thanks SO MUCH for trying :) I actually remember this one believe it or not, and seeing its from 1965, well, yup, I'm old enough to remember that. Thanks so much!

Did a little searching and came up with nothing. Can you remember ANYTHING else about it like other scenes? Was is definitely a cartoon? Was it more of a short or a promo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter