Does Anyone Remember Handwiches in Tomorrowland???

MikeWazowski

DIS Veteran
My parents were telling me about some type of sandwich of the future called a Handwich. I guess it was in Tomorrowland about ten years ago. Are my parents just crazy??? LOL

Not crazy. I remember them. I really loved them but have not seen them around for a while. I really loved the chicken ones.

I sold them!!! I worked in Torrowland in the snack bar under the Wed Way people mover. They were tasty! We sold tuna salad, chicken salad, bbq chicken and taco beef. Every once in a while, we also had seafood salad or amborsia salad. Not sure why they got rid of them.

Some friends of ours stayed at the Beach Club a few years ago and I swear they said you could get handwiches at the counter service restaurant near the pool.

Ann:earsgirl:

Sunshine Season Food Fair in Epcot had them, too. On our trip in '96 we meant to try them, but the line was too long!! I guess you snooze, you lose!!

The way they were described, I think they were more of a flat-bread sandwich than a wrap, but I'm not positive!! suzannews??

The one I had as a child at The Land in Epcot was comprised of a cone of bread (like a cross between a pita and an ice cream cone), sliced roast beef, and a cheddar cheese sauce.
Because there was only one open end, it was less messy to hold than a flatbread/wrap, but because the top had to be so wide to accomodate the filling, eating it was much messier (the first few bites -like eating an ice cream cone- had to be all beef/cheese, which often resulted in cheese-and-grease-covered noses.)

Disney's Handwich: The sandwich of the future!

I wish we had more unique fast-food offerings, however looking back, I think I would be less apt to order it as an adult than I was as a child (I really hate being messy when I eat... really...)

They were described as a one handed sandwich. They would take long loaves of white and wheat bread, kinda like french bread, cut them in half across and then scoop out the bread in the middle. They would then get stuffed with which ever filling you wanted. We would wrap a napkin around the bottom and you could walk around and eat it with one hand while the other was free. The BBQ chicken was really good!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter