Does anyone know about Refrigerators at the Pop Century

DisneyJana

Earning My Ears
We are going to be staying at the POP in a couple of weeks and I was interested to know it it had refrigerators. I was told that if you have a medical reason, you don't have to pay the $10.00 per day..

Just wondering if that was true..

Thanks

If you have a medial reason, such a med that need to be refridgerated, and have actual proof such as the RX, then there is no charge. Otherwise, you have to pay to rent it daily.

During our last stay, when we arrived at our room, there was a small, dorm-sized refrigerator sitting on the pavement outside of the room next to us. It sat there for a while. I hope they clean them in-between uses because it looked pretty "scanky", as my DH would call it.

My daughter rented one for her 2 night stay at Pop in September. It was a little bigger than the complimentary one they provided at the moderates and delux resorts. The one she got even had a small freezer area. She needed it because she needed to keep the baby's formula cold and needed to freeze the freezer packs needed for the diaper bag. Keep in mind that the daily rental fee is $10 (before tax). Her total was $24 for 2 days ($12 a day).

If you don't need a fridge for medical use(insulin etc) an option would be to bring a cooler and fill with ice from the machine twice a day. This kept our water bottles, milk, cheese, etc. cold the entire stay. Not a good method for medicine, though.

n2mm, wonder why Disney charged your daugher 20% sales tax on the refrig?

herc.

The medical one is tiny-really only big enough for medicines, so keep that in mind. We did the cooler method. Since we were only doing drinks and occasional leftovers, we only had to drain/reload ice once a day! It worked really well for us.

hercamore said:
n2mm, wonder why Disney charged your daugher 20% sales tax on the refrig?

herc.

Not sure, just remember her having to go to the desk and pay the bill. It was the only thing on the bill. I figured it was resort tax, plus sales tax. We had never rented a frig before so didn't have anything to compare it to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter