Does anyone just to go Church on Easter

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
just to keep peace in the family ? Not me, I would go anyway, but I think if this is the only reason you go, thats a nice thing

Nope- I did that when I was a kid but just couldn't do it by the time I was a teenager- it just never felt right going to please someone else when it made me so miserable.

I know lots of people (men mostly) who attend church every Sunday just to keep peace in the family...not just at Easter.

Apparently quite a few at our church. It will be standing room only tomorrow. Easter and the last Sunday before Christmas its like that, any other Sunday there is plenty of room.

At my church those folks are called the C and E's....and that's fine. Nice to seem them once in awhile!

I'm afraid if I go into a church, I will spontaneously combust

Naa, if my heart wasn't in it, I wouldn't see the point. I'm anxious to go to service tomorrow to renew the old spirit and also watch our grands perform. :goodvibes

DH said this the first time I dragged him to Russian Easter dinner at my grandparents' house.

But in all honesty, if I knew anyone who really cared about their religion and wanted me along, sure I'd go. Not to keep peace, but because it's a fun and different thing to do (you know, when you're not doing it every week). Like going to a play.

I just went with my mother today. It makes her happy.

We call them Christeasters (Chreeesters) Christmas and Easter only. I admit we have joined those ranks. Since my dd was confirmed we don't go every Sunday. I don't care for the minister, but he is retiring this year, and hopefully he will be replaced by a younger, more modern minister...I miss Church, but it is so darn painful sitting there listening him :(

Actually, it seems to keep ending up the day dd and I DON'T go every year.

Our preacher doesn't preach on Easter, its music only and its only the adult choir. Its standing room only and can get very uncomfortable.

Now that dd is getting older, I would prefer to go to Sunrise Services on Easter and skip the regular time. I think that is the new "tradition" we will being next year. This year I have a sinus infection and am not sure I will be going at all.

We are almost the opposite. We attend church on a regular basis but often DON'T go on Easter (we usually go to the Easter Vigil instead) because it is so full.

Our service was quieter than normal today, but I think lots of regulars went to the Dawn Vigil at 6am.

On another note - it always amuses me how different our language is, although it's both English. We say "at Christmas" and "at Easter" but you say "on". The song "Nobody wants to be alone on Christmas" always sounds so wrong to me. :goodvibes

Apparently quite a few at our church. It will be standing room only tomorrow. Easter and the last Sunday before Christmas its like that, any other Sunday there is plenty of room.

That's why I hate going to church on Easter (and usually avoid it). The church is packed, we have about 20 "guest speakers" and a bunch of other events that make it feel less like celebrating the resurrection of Christ and more like the hollywood production of the 10 Commandments.

That's why I hate going to church on Easter (and usually avoid it). The church is packed, we have about 20 "guest speakers" and a bunch of other events that make it feel less like celebrating the resurrection of Christ and more like the hollywood production of the 10 Commandments.

me too ours is all music and very crowded and uncomfortable. I would prefer and very moving sermon about the resurrection.

just to keep peace in the family ? Not me, I would go anyway, but I think if this is the only reason you go, thats a nice thing

No, but I go visit my in-laws on Easter just for the sake of keeping peace in the family. No big difference. Sometimes you have to do things you don't like or want to do to keep the peace. Church attendance might fall into this category.

We did until the boys were born. After that we figured that we were grown ups and don't care if people don't like what we do. My MIL doesn't even ask anymore.

^ This xD Being a witch in a Catholic church is SO awkward...

I got out of it this year by helping cook! I had to go for Christmas, though. It's so off-kilter to see everyone around you all happy-go-lucky while you don't participate at all! I used to have to go every Sunday, but then my parents just kinda stopped. I'm still trying to get them to understand that I'm not Christian, never will be, deal with it! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter