Does anyone have any Space Coast launch info?

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
We will be down very very soon. MY DH recalls seeing something on a website about a launch August 22nd.

He asked me to post the "all knowing folks" (his direct quote), to see if any info so I can pass along?

Thanks!

There is a web site DH goes to check that each time we go down. I think it is the NASA site.

The NASA site doesn't publish the launch info anymore, per my DH.

At least, if they do, he can't find it...

Just a note, the last time I checked, NASA had closed the viewing areas for shuttle launches due to 9/11. We had passes to see a night launch last February, but NASA contacted us and told us the viewing areas had been closed to the public.

The shuttle fleet is grounded until at least September, that launch is even ify at best.

The launch tenatively scheduled for November 29 has an Israeli astronaut and security is way different for that launch and a specific time may never be released.

I don't think any of these dates have been cleared by FRR yet.

NASA also won't publish the launch dates/times any more, just the launch weeks (or it may be they'll say the date but not the time, I forget which window it is). :( I'm not allowed to say, either, though I know what the next schedule is supposed to be. Otherwise I'd answer this with a date/time. It's for security reasons since 9/11. :(

I can say that there won't be a launch for a little while, though. What Elaine found is correct.

Sorry Cindy.

Thanks everyone, Tammie, I wouldn't want you to jeopardize anything.

Cindy -- I'll look at what the rule is again and then will tell you what I'm allowed to. I think my memory may be off and it's I'm allowed to say a day, but not a time.

Really, your job is more important.. I don't want you to get in any trouble....

Launch date, no time I believe. That is my understanding anyway. And now that I think about it the repairs have been made and Atlantis is pretty much ready, but there are problems with the crawler that takes the oribiter to the pad, thus the ifyness.

There is a ROCKET "Atlas V Hotbird" being launched August 21st :)

The shuttle launches had been cancelled due to some technical difficulties that were a danger to them, so no launches all summer. I was disappointed, there was previously a launch for July 19 that I was planning on seeing, oh well. The date is posted when they schedule it...it's just the actual time they won't announce until last minute. I always check www.kennedyspacecenter.com where they sell the viewing packages. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!