Does anyone have any RAINY DAY Vero Ideas...

edk35

DIS Veteran
Looks like we have a 60% chance of rain tomorrow here at Vero. Is there anything INSIDE anywhere nearby to do something fun???? If it is just straight up showers I am sure we will stay outside at the pool but if it is stormy..we won't. We were so lucky when we were at Disney for 9 nights with just three rain showers. One was at night ..and we were in for the night and the others were at the pool and coming out of Star Tours.....both were very brief.

I hope we don't get the rain...... but just in case...... if any of you have any ideas..please send them our way. :goodvibes

How about heading down to the Treasure Museum place - I can't remember what it's called (and I haven't been there) - but it's not too far from VB, I believe. I'm sure the front desk would know what I'm talking about.

There's always shopping. I don't know what VB has for that, but there's always the basic mall in Melbourne (woo hoo - not great, but a thought!).

How about napping? :goodvibes

Are there games or a deck of cards you can check out through the community center? Why not plan a family night/day? I know your kids are older, but our families always enjoy an occasional game day. You can also get DVD's and they should have a wii game system. Contests anyone?

I would also check with the front desk or concierge if they have one regarding things to do in the area. Good Luck. Sorry you have a rainy day but at least it's not a hurricane.

There is an art museum in Vero at Riverside Park. We haven't been inside but it looks nice from the outside. DH and I are saving that trip for one of our January stays. Also, there are the outlet stores if you are in the mood to shop. They are off route 60 near I-95.

There are two oceanographic museums down in Ft. Pierce - 30-45 minute drive. We tried to do them on our recent Vero trip to Gloria Estefan's resort, but it was a Sunday and both were closed.

The CMs at VB should be able to tell you about them.

Mel Fishers Treasure Museum, Movie Theater, Shopping, Go out for lunch, get a massage, use the gym, hit the Green Cabin room for cocktails, go to jai-alai or a local arcade for slot machines......

Mel Fishers Treasure Museum, Movie Theater, Shopping, Go out for lunch, get a massage, use the gym, hit the Green Cabin room for cocktails, go to jai-alai or a local arcade for slot machines......

We went to the Green Cabin Room last night and stayed for about 2 1/2 hours last night listening to Bernie. It was fun. Our son hit the gym about 8:00 last night.... then joined the rest of us.

We are hoping the rain holds off until later today. Right now so far so good. We are heading out in about an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter