Does anyone else walk to lose weight?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
I've been walking about 2 miles per day nearly every day for just over 2 years.
Paired with a healthier diet than I used to have while still allowing myself to eat/drink things that are bad for me but I love in moderation.
I have lost about 60lbs.

About 6 weeks ago I added a toning/body weight resistance training workout to the mix because I've read so many things that say in order to get toned you have to build lean muscle and that will slim you right down.
Well in that time all of the clothing that fit very comfortably has become tighter and less flattering so its pretty clear to me that I'm bulking up too much and in addition to that I have not seen a change for the better in my physique. In fact my stomach in particular looks more bulging.

So just in the last couple days I decided to stop that workout and instead increase my walking by about 10 minutes.
I'm hoping that walking will continue to work to slim me down.

Just wondering if there are others on here that have shed quite a few pounds by simply walking instead of using resistance training or HIIT?

I felt so pressured to start those types of workouts because that's what all the "expert" trainers say works for everyone and I feel like I'm the only one that does not see the benefits of those workouts and like I'm the only one that straight walking works best for.
Basically I feel like the odd one out here.

I bulk up very quickly with weight training too. Some people are just like that, especially if you were athletic as a child. I did gymnastics for years and find that now, at 40, I can get that super toned arms, thighs, and back look after just 2 or 3 weight training sessions. I only do one strength training session per week, along with a mix of walking and some higher intensity workouts like swimming, running, road biking, and elliptical. I have found that, for me, the magic number of calories for weight loss is 1200/day. I don't eat back workout calories or I stop losing. I will splurge about once a week and not bother counting calories that day, but I don't go crazy, and I always do a heavy duty workout on those days. If walking works for you, don't worry about what the "experts" say. According to them, I should be eating more calories based on my activity, but that doesn't work FOR ME with weight loss. I only need to lose about 10 pounds so I have to really lower my caloric intake to make progress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!