Does anyone do "Tinker Treasures" for their kids?

nettii

DIS Veteran
So ever since my kids were little I have done "Tinker Treasures":tink: every morning while at Disney. For those of you who do not know what this is..."Tink" leaves tiny little trinkets, or candy for the kids while they sleep.
So now my kids are teenagers and they basicly get candy. They probably could careless...but as a mom it is tradition, and this Moma loves tradition:thumbsup2...even if my babies are almost full grown!
We are headed to Disney in a few days.:)
I have my "Tinker Treasures":tink: for every day but one.......Here is the run down :) ( thoughts suggestions always welcome)
Day one...Nemo (Altoid size) tins, filled with swedish fish and a note that says fish are friends not food.:fish:
Day two....Disney Wonder Ball...this is a blast from their past so they will like it.
:earsboy::earsboy:
Day three.... Nothing...THIS IS WHERE I NEED A CUTE SUGGESTION....PLEASE!
:confused3
Day Four....(the day we leave)....M & M's with a funny card from Eminem Quoting his song Lose yourself,
..."The Clocks run out, times run out..Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity":rockband:

All suggestions welcomed!:thumbsup2

I did the first time we went, I was al stocked up for my 6 and 1 year old. really, they didn't care. So the next time, I just saved myself the hassle and packed it in their busybags for the car. Lazy maybe, but I have boys and they aren't as into that as maybe girls would be.

We have done this for years for our girls. We give Tink gifts at landmarks or on a timeline for our drive when heading to vacation destination. It definitely has always cut down on the "are we there yets?" I always gave them things that I knew I would be purchasing anyway such as a souvenir of some sort, Disney coloring books, a new Disney movie for the drive, and things of that sort. Now my girls are 16 and 12 and I am struggling with ideas for our trip at the end of the month. So if anyone has ideas for teen girls please send them my way. :)

We do this and call them Mickey Surprises. My niece has had them for 11 years and still wants (okay...expects) them. This year for her I've gotten lip balm (several types with Minnie Mouse or Princesses on them or get a red Eos and tape on small black Minnie ears), nail polish, Disney T-shirt, and glow sticks (still a favorite). I've also done adult coloring book/journal, special snacks/candy, a small Disney gift card, shower gel & loofah or one of those washcloths that expand in water, lotion, jewelry, and small travel games. Usually I try to keep things low cost (thanks Target Dollar Spot and Dollar Tree) or buy something that would end up being a souvenir (thanks Disney outlets).

For OP, if you have a late night: Twizzlers with the saying, "Twisting the night away." Kinda corny, but maybe your kids might like it.

We did Tink gifts too! Pins for trading, a new baseball hat for sun, glow sticks from Michaels, and small plush were our favorites.
Now that my kids are older, our last trip, we made up snack size baggies with a clip art of Mickey or a princess and words like I can't wait to hug you or I am so glad to see you listening so well! Then girls got a couple of plastic bracelets or stick on earrings and a sticker or tattoo. Boys got stickers and a hot wheels type car. Or a spin top they could use on ground. Most of it was picked up dollar stores and craft stores with coupons.
My kids loved finding a little one having a bit more trouble waiting in line. They asked the parents first if they could give the child a gift. And they didn't make a big deal so other kids hardly noticed it and didn't beg for themselves except once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter