Does anyone do Chalene Extreme from Beachbody?

I do! I just finished month 2 : ) I personally love her. My legs look better and I have more arm/shoulder muscle than ever before. My Mom just started month 1 and I can already tell I'm never going to get my DVD back :rotfl:

I have found these are too difficult for me at this point, my knees can't handle all the lunges!! I really like them, and I think the structure of the program is excellent.

I'm hoping maybe when I've taken some weight off, i might be able to do them?

I ran into the same issue with Jillian Michael's Body Revolution but am finding that easier to modify for some reason. Of course, the more you modify the less you are doing the program as intended and the less dramatic the results... :confused3

My knees are just both so unhappy when I push them too hard. It's frustrating...I need to strengthen all the muscles around my knees to help them be stronger, and I need to lose weight to help my knees...but the very workouts that contribute to both of those...kill my knees ARGH.

Have a great day everyone!
Brooke

I have found these are too difficult for me at this point, my knees can't handle all the lunges!! I really like them, and I think the structure of the program is excellent.

I'm hoping maybe when I've taken some weight off, i might be able to do them?

I ran into the same issue with Jillian Michael's Body Revolution but am finding that easier to modify for some reason. Of course, the more you modify the less you are doing the program as intended and the less dramatic the results... :confused3

My knees are just both so unhappy when I push them too hard. It's frustrating...I need to strengthen all the muscles around my knees to help them be stronger, and I need to lose weight to help my knees...but the very workouts that contribute to both of those...kill my knees ARGH.

Have a great day everyone!
Brooke

Lunges are definitely easier on your knees the less weight you have on you but I also think its more about knee strength than anything else. Have you been able to do the exercises in front of a mirror and critique your form? Chalene's "Stick your butt out" advice is the best I've ever gotten:rotfl: I also find that for lunges and squats if I use a wider stance I can do the exercises with better form. My DBF thinks its because my butt is on the larger side:rotfl: I would keep at the weight training even if its just for your arms, shoulders and back. I can tell its done wonders for my arms and back and I really think its kick started my metabolism.

I noticed right away last night that my lunge stance was too short. Too much pressure on my knees. I widened it and perfection!
It hurts to drive :thumbsup2 after day one. I love it!

I'm now on Week 3. Believe it or not, Week 2 was a bust for me. I actually missed a few workouts and my eating was horrible. But now I'm back on the wagon and feel great! Everyone is telling me I look thinner. Weight training is the way to go!! How is everyone else's progress going?

I'm fighting a head cold so I had my rest day yesterday. Back at it tonight. I really still love it. Eating well.
Tried Shakeology to go along with it, but it didn't sit all that well in my stomach! I'll stick to my regular protein drink.
Also trying to figure out how to get the workout in and still get my runs as well. I think I need to start getting up in the AM to get Extreme done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter