Does anyone do anything creative with their old key cards?

cctimmom

Mouseketeer
we have saved most of our Key to the World Cards... I want to do something to save them all in one place... I thought of getting a wallet... I've thought of getting badge holders and tying them together with ribbon... just wondering what others have done with theirs if they have saved them.

(side note... I just checked on eBay searching under "Cruise Lanyard"... and a Castaway Club Gold Member (or someone who go their hands on them) is selling their lanyards for EIGHT DOLLARS... SERIOUSLY?!?!??!?! just.wow!

I don't do anything with all of our old cards, but we did do an extended family cruise once for New Years, courtesy of my in-laws. My father-in-law, husband, and then-6-year-old DS took a photo one night with DS sitting inside of a life-sized "frame" that DH and FIL are holding. I framed that picture with all three of their specific card keys around them. They are namesakes - Sr., Jr., and III - so it's very cool. I'm sure my son will love having that in his home some day.......he likes it even now!

Ours become part of our scrapbooks. I use everything from luggage tags to napkins to the little covers on the glasses. It all becomes background or accessorizes the main pictures on the page.

(side note... I just checked on eBay searching under "Cruise Lanyard"... and a Castaway Club Gold Member (or someone who go their hands on them) is selling their lanyards for EIGHT DOLLARS... SERIOUSLY?!?!??!?! just.wow!

The ebayer is TRYING to sell the lanyards -- I wonder what they'll actually go for.

(slightly off-topic) After the first DCL Hawaiian cruise, people were trying to sell a set of four gift napkins with napkin rings on ebay. They're machine-embroidered with the Disney characters and the date of the inaugural cruise, and they are cute, which is why I'd like an additional set, but sellers were trying to get more than $100. for them. They've since dropped to a more realistic price, but they're still more than I'm willing to pay.

I've made wall art with Starbucks gift cards before by gluing them side by side in the shape of a square onto posterboard. Then I used ribbon to hang it onto the wall. If you have enough cards you could do the same thing. Unfortunately I don't have enough yet, I guess that means I need to take more cruises!

LunaCup said:
I've made wall art with Starbucks gift cards before by gluing them side by side in the shape of a square onto posterboard. Then I used ribbon to hang it onto the wall. If you have enough cards you could do the same thing. Unfortunately I don't have enough yet, I guess that means I need to take more cruises!

I'm interested in seeing this idea. Do you have any pictures! We have tons of KTTW cards, and i'd like to do something other than keep them in a box.

I have saved all mine from the park trips and the cruise trips that we have taken over 12 years worth .

I'm interested in seeing this idea. Do you have any pictures! We have tons of KTTW cards, and i'd like to do something other than keep them in a box.

I'm visiting family but when I get home in a few days I'll post a pic for you (if I can figure out how lol).

We glue magnets to the back and keep them on the fridge !

Cute!

I took an extra KTTW card on my Dream cruise in June & use it to keep the lights on! That way I had my active one w/me & didn't accidently leave it in the room. :cool1:

I got my DS a guitar pick punch last Christmas, and he made a bunch of picks from his old KTTW cards. :goodvibes

We have all our room keys dating back to 1978 in a business card folder that we purchased at Staples.i think you can also get them at a good camera store. It's nice to look back and remember the trips we have taken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter