Does anybody know this painting?

BennyBoyWrench

Earning My Ears
In November there was an Up painting in the Art of Disney, very dark (in tones, not in tone). It's a painting of planning a trip to Paradise Falls, like drawing the top of a coffee table. I didn't take a picture, nor noted down the artist. Does anybody know what I'm talking about and can help me track it down? Art of Disney doesn't have a phone, so I presume they exist in a pre-1876 environment. Help me, good people of the Dis, you're my only hope.

I was trying to avoid overuse of 'painting,' but imagine Carl and Ellie are planning their trip, with all the maps, books, their glasses, etc on top of a table. So I mean the artist painted that table top scene. Unless you really knew Up you wouldn't instantly recognise the painting as being inspired by that film.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about and can help me track it down? Art of Disney doesn't have a phone, so I presume they exist in a pre-1876 environment.
Or it may be less about the era in which the store exists and more about them preventing the store from being inundated daily by phone calls with vague questions like this one. Maybe.

Out of high respect for your DIS Veteran status I'll overlook the jab :) But a phone line would allow me to ask them if they remember it, because I can tell them exactly where it was on the wall. I don't want the number, just a way to be put through. Though I do like the idea of somebody calling up with "got any art? can I buy it?"

Out of high respect for your DIS Veteran status I'll overlook the jab :) But a phone line would allow me to ask them if they remember it, because I can tell them exactly where it was on the wall. I don't want the number, just a way to be put through. Though I do like the idea of somebody calling up with "got any art? can I buy it?"
I've tried calling around for things, and at one time there was actually a number for that shop. Although the post was definitely written tongue-in-cheek, there is probably more merit to it than we'd think. I'm sure they must get tons of calls from people with far more trivial questions than one attempting to acquire a nice piece of artwork. "My son lost his action figure and I need to buy a new one..." and that sort of thing. One time when I tried calling the Polynesian, I was told by a cast member that the resorts do not have phones. Obviously total horse sh|t. Took a few tries before I got someone to give me the resort's phone number, and even then I can't say with any certainty that when I thought I had gotten through to the front desk, that I was actually contacting the resort. One thing is for sure though, whenever I'm in any shop, there is never a phone ringing. So I've got to believe that they are, in fact, trying to prevent guests from calling directly. Surely Shop Disney isn't going to be any help here. For now, the best you might be able to pull off is having someone stop by the store one day and try going through the art stored on their in-store tablets and seeing if they can identify similar to what you're after. Half the time the thrill is in the hunt, but certainly not when it resorts in a frustrating series of dead ends.

Seems I've been away for a while - thanks Lockets but no, though in happier news I was back in the Art store last week and a cast member knew what I was talking about. Kent Hammerstrom painted it: 1653330185331.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter