does any do this

cyndibelle

<font color=green>A new and improved tag for a new
hubby and i want to get away for a long weekend to kinda celebrate our anniversary and well get away from the kids and what a better place to do it than disney world...we would leave on like a wednesday early get to disney by noon and then come back saturday late ..so we wouldnt leave disney till like 5....are we crazy for doing something like that???

You're not crazy at all! It's so much fun to do short trips like that - especially just the two of you!

You'll have Wednesday afternoon and evening, all day Thursday and Friday, and most of the day Saturday! That sounds great to me!! :Pinkbounc

Not crazy at all - because we own a business it's hard for us to get away for more than a few days at a time. I dream of a 10-day vacation someday! DH and I make 4-day Disney trips all the time and love it. We don't try to do everything, just enjoy what presents itself. You'll have a great time.

Not crazy... we go to WDW on short trips several times a year. The longest we've stayed has been 5 nights. We don't try to see and do everything and just concentrate on having new and different experiences each time.

we just booked!! we are staying at port orleans riverside...woo hoo..i am so excited...

My DW and take a trip together to WDW every Spring - it's our "Spring Break" away from Winter in the NE. I hope you'll find it as enjoyable as we do!!

Not crazy at all! Go for it!
A few years back DH gave me a Disney Cruise for my 30th birthday gift. We left on a Wed morning, spent that day at the Poly, then went on the 3 night cruise and were home by Sunday evening.
This year our 10th anniversary is coming up in July. We have been lucky enough to get a babysitter for that weekend and plan to take off for Disney Friday morning and return home Sunday evening. We will only have 1 park day, but we will get to do all the other adult stuff we rarely get to do with the kids...PI, Jellyrolls, nice meals, relax....
On the same note, I went down alone about a month ago, Fri morning-Mon evening and had a great time! :)

My DH and I went for 4 nights last March without kids.We had a wonderful time.Its a much different pace then with kids. Its seems we fit alot into a short time without our whole gang.Some of the things we enjoyed were,dining and shopping.We felt a little funny at first planning a DW vacation without them but got over it real quick....Had a blast and would reccommed it to any one. Go and do all the things you would'nt do with the kids. Have a wonderful trip. :cloud9:

My husband and I took our first trip alone EVER in the 14 years that we had been married without any parents, children or extended family last March :hug: .

We had a blast -it's so nice to not have to worry about the kids or the Grandparents needs. We slept in, we ate when and what we wanted to :wizard: and we played until all hours of the night because we were only focused on each other. It was a very restful trip - well not body wise- we acted like newlyweds :love: but mentally we gained some very good one on one time. We stayed at POR and enjoyed the low key atmosphere at that resort- we were used to staying with the kids at the values- what a difference in resorts.

If you look at our trip counter you'll see that we are going again ALONE in 3 weeks :moped: and staying at POR as well as Royal Pacific Resort at Universal. We have one hopper day left at WDW and 3 days worth of tickets for Universal/IOA so it's off to Fla alone for Mom and Dad again this year! We arrive at noon at Universal on a Weds.for Weds/Thursday/Friday morning then go to WDW/DTD/DQ on Friday afternoon and MGM/MK Saturday and home on Sunday and Yes we are driving- it's about a 7 hour trip from our home by car but it's more together time for us. We seldom get a full afternoon to just talk about anything that we want too!

Our trip was a short one but I was amazed at how long it seemed when there was no whinning, crying, begging and snacking all day long! :earboy2: I'm so used to being busy with the kids that I didn't quite know what to do with my time.

You will have a great time. Remember that you have limited time so decide what you must see/do before you arrive so you won't be rushed.

This will be our 2nd time doing just that. We leave on a Sunday and get back home on a Friday. I never feel more relaxed at Disney than when I vacation there with my husband-no stroller, no backpack, no regulated dining times,etc. We're both looking so forward to it and we decided to try Caribbean Beach to hopefully add to the tranquility!

We are doing just that! My sister is flying from Seattle to Atlanta to take care of the kids, while we go to WDW for 4-5 days. AND sh'e not telling them where we are, either. Our secret second honeymoon. :lovestruc I say GO FOR IT!

cathy--married 24 yrs to the perfect man;
I have the best sister in the world

My Husband and I did this last year. We had been married 10 years and never went on trip alone. It was so nice. We stayed for 3 nights ot POR and had a blast. We went back in October with our kids and they had a blast. DH wants to go back alone this year but I can't get over the guilt. We will be going in May and again in October or December with kids. My In Laws wouldn't keep it a secret if we went back alone and I don't want to upset my kids. Last time my inlaws said the wouldn't tell but they told them before we left. :( They had not been before and didn't know what they missed Now they would. We thought about going in May alone for a weekend and then going in Oct. or Dec. with the kids. I booked for may but still not sure what to do.

Have fun!

My husband and I have not been alone at Disney World in 20 years. If we go as a family in August then we will go alone as a couple in Oct to celebrate both of our's 50th birthdays. If we go in Oct it will be for a short trip (we are both school teachers). I am planning on leaving on Friday night and leaving on Tues with a Halloween party on Sunday night. we are looking forward to being alone.

The only hitch is if we don't go in Aug then our son's want to go in Oct.

Dona :wave: :wave:

We are doing the same thing in May. We will leave early Tuesday and return late Friday. Shhhh we are not telling our 5yo and 1yo. 5 yo will be in school and 1yo will be with his Grammy so all will be well!

Kristy

i am so excited but then on the other hand i am panicking about leaving the kids...isnt that silly....it is still uncertain where the kids will stay..either my mom is coming in to stay with them...or they will be with the neighbor down the street...daughter is in school..so i have to keep her on her schedule..son is only 5...i just worry so about my kids...anyone else get like that?? how to you relieve your anxiety..and what do you do with your kids??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter