Does Akershus serve Mickey Wallfes at the breakfast buffet?

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Now that we are doing out of pocket / no dining plan for our next trip, there is no way i'm doing Cindy's castle. I was thinking of Akershus for breakfast as an alternate. We went there 6 years ago for breakfast , I can't remember if they serve mickey waffles for breakfast, does anyone know?

That's all my kids want to eat for breakfast whenever we are at WDW , Thanks, Marina :cutie:

Akershus is not a buffet. There is a buffet of fruits and meats and cheeses etc, then you are served an all you care to eat platter family style. There are no waffles on the platter. I don't know if they also have them available if you ask.

I was very bummed when I realized I had not eaten one single Mickey waffle during my trip. What a travesty!!! :sad:

When we went in 2015, they were not included in the family-style hot breakfast platter that we were served.

BUT - I have a wheat allergy and could not eat some of the food on the shared platter, so I was provided my own platter. I definitely remember getting Mickey waffles on that platter. Now, I am not saying you should fake an allergy - GF waffles are not as good as regular waffles, anyway! - and they may reserve those waffle makers only for food allergies. BUT, they seem to have the technology, so maybe it doesn't hurt to ask?

We go next week for breakfast (from what I've read, a hot plate served of eggs, bacon/sausage and potatoes with a variety of items on a pastry/yogurt/meat/cheese buffet). We plan to ask our server for waffles if we don't see them - the worst they can say is no. :)

yes but be clear about what you want. We said we wanted 3 and they gave us three per person so we had 18 waffles.

We've asked for, and gotten, Mickey waffles on all three trips to Akershus the past few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter