Does a seller on a contract need a notary stamp or also a raised seal?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I'm just curios as on the buyers end i am waiting on the owners to get to the notary. I didn't know if i need to wait for them to then snail mail the closing documents back if they require the seal so that they are submitted to the county clerk with an embossed seal on them or if they could fax back sooner because it only requires the notary stamp.

I think i answered my own question digging through my paperwork:

IF YOU ARE THE SELLER; 1. Some of your documents require TWO SEPARATE WITNESSES AND A NOTARY PUBLIC WITH SEAL. This is required by the State of Florida which is where the property is located. The witnesses can be any person, but not the persons named on the deed. The Notary Public cannot be a Relative. The original signed documents are required to be mailed to our office.

So snail mail it is for the seller's documents. Closing on the paperwork isn't until 6/7 - so I guess we are on track for that.

Great post......never hesitate to reach out to your closing/escrow company for any clarification during the closing process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter