Do you want to be buried or cremated?

Do you want to be buried or cremated?

• Total voters

MamaLema

DIS Veteran
Me and DH took a walk through the cemetery and we started talking about our wishes and while neither of us know yet, we both agreed we should start thinking about it.

I don't have any preference but I assume it will be burial just out of tradition. If I had to pick I'd go that way.

Buried. But no embalming. Wrapped in a cloth and put in the ground. No headstone. (Yes, it can be done at some “green” cemeteries). I took from the planet my whole existence, the least I can do it fertilize a tree and some dirt. Hoping that’s less of an environmental impact.

Last edited:
My wife and I will be cremated. No services, keeping costs to the minimum, but even then the services of the funeral home will be expensive*. We discovered my Grandmother bought 6 plots when my Grandfather died. She is also interred there, so we have 4 unused plots for free . And it is 6 miles from where my parents are interred. Only issue is it is 100 miles from here, but we have made it clear we don't expect visitors, but if our kids do want to visit, then can hit both of us, their Grandparents and Great-Grandparents at the same time.
*When my mom passed the cost to transport her 100 miles to the cemetery was $750! And that was in mini-van, the least expensive option. A hearse would have cost $2,000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter