Do you tip at Wolfgang Puck EXPRESS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan840

DIS Veteran
Just got back from an exhausting but wonderful trip, and while eating at Wolfgang Puck (the quick service location in the Marketplace, not the full service on the West Side) they brought us our food and cleared our plates which left us confused about leaving a tip. It is listed at quick/counter service and you stand in line to order at the register... We did leave a tip to be safe, but I'm just wondering if they are expected/customary. Thanks!

We were just at WPE last week and Brian brought out all our food, including bringing the dessert later (without asking) and refilling our beverages, getting my kids some chips before the food came to tide them over, etc. I don't care what they call the restaurant, the combination of those things is called service :-). So we tipped.

There were six of us, I left $5. Probably that was like 10% so not really a table-service-sized tip (he didn't take the order or clean up after us). But I discreetly handed it to him personally because like you, I didn't know if tips were customary. From the way his eyes lit up, I don't think they get too many tips :-). But he certainly appreciated it! Just as we had appreciated his help.

We are thinking of eating there one night on our trip in June. The Express one is the one you can't make ADRs for right?

I just have a few questions about how busy it was. What time did you get there? Could you find seating right away? How long did it take to get your food? Thanks for your help!

Wow! Thanks for sharing...We are planning on having a meal at the WPE for the first time on our upcoming trip. Good to know!

They didnt used to do all of that once they started I tipped a small amount when I dine there.

Wolfgang Puck Express is a fast food place... do you tip at McDonalds?

When was the last time the guy at McDonalds "brought out all our food, including bringing the dessert later (without asking) and refilling our beverages, getting my kids some chips before the food came to tide them over, etc."?

If you get service, and you feel like it deserves a tip, just tip! They don't expect it, so it's especially nice to reward particularly good effort

GeologyRocks said:
When was the last time the guy at McDonalds "brought out all our food, including bringing the dessert later (without asking) and refilling our beverages, getting my kids some chips before the food came to tide them over, etc."?

If you get service, and you feel like it deserves a tip, just tip! They don't expect it, so it's especially nice to reward particularly good effort

Never has a guy at Wolfgang Puck Express brought food to me. It was like McDonald's.

Edit:
But actually there is McDonald's out there where they do bring your food to your table. There is one in Manhattan.

BeckWhy said:
Never has a guy at Wolfgang Puck Express brought food to me.

How did you get your food? When you order they give you a number to put on your table and the service people bring it out to you.

abk96 said:
How did you get your food? When you order they give you a number to put on your table and the service people bring it out to you.

Everytime it took only a couple of minutes to get it. We waited at the counter like at McDonald's.

Ok, so let's say they bring your food to your table.. which would be like at Fazoli's.... do you tip at Fazoli's?

We have been there a couple of times and have never tipped. It is more of a fast food then a sit down to me.

I'm not going to continue to argue my point from before. I have never tipped there. I feel if the waiter doesn't take my order while I'm at the table and I don't pay the waiter when he brings the check, then I don't tip him.

there shouldn't even be an argument about this. You MAY tip at WPE if you want. I've tipped before and I've not tipped either.

I tipped when the server brought me my food, got me refills, took extra orders, packed up my leftovers in a box, and cleaned up my plates. Then I tipped around $3.

I did not tip when all the server did was bring the food to the table, then another server cleaned up the tables.

It's really up to you folks... If you think the server deserves a tip, then tip away. If you think you don't need to tip, then don't... they're not going to ban you and post your photo on their wall.

Yes, if there were a tip added to the bill the CS credit would cover it--like at Peppermarket. WPE, I dont' believe is considered tipped. I have never had anything resembling service--just bringing out the food and we have cleared our own table after eating, I didn't even know you could get drink refills here. Obviously for this I would not have left a tip--if the service was above and beyond for CS then I would tip.

You should tip at Wolfgang Puck Express. You should tip just like at Table service. Maybe a little lower percentage. But for a family of 4 on quick service you should tip at the very least $10. They do get you refills and bring food to your table. We ate there twice this week. The first time I tipped $20 on a 97.00 Bill with tax incl. I over tipped maybe a little but the server was awesome and very accommodating. The second Time I tipped $10 on a $70 Bill with tax incl. We sat at the chefs table so our server literally had to walk two feet to place food on our table and the drink station was right next to us.
The food was by far one of the best for quick-service.

We tip at Wolfgang Puck Express. I would equate the service we get there just one step below a buffet. And for the pp who keeps bringing up McDonald's, when was the last time you were served on real plates and with real flatware at McDonald's? Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter