Do you think...

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
Do you think Disney will ever change the Fast Pass system to allow making fast passes in different parks on the same day? I don't really understand the reasoning behind them not letting us, makes park hopping difficult. Just curious

Do you think Disney will ever change the Fast Pass system to allow making fast passes in different parks on the same day? I don't really understand the reasoning behind them not letting us, makes park hopping difficult. Just curious
If they did, I imagine there would still be tiers. Otherwise, hopping would just be a means of bypassing it.

If they did, I imagine there would still be tiers. Otherwise, hopping would just be a means of bypassing it.
I think that could work though, you could only have 1 tier one out of any park that has tiers and work off that. Having the annual pass its so easy to park hop it would be nice to have this ability. Especially at Epcot where I usually don't need to make the two other fast pass selections and could be used better elsewhere.

I would think they would need to make a tiered system in every park to make that viable. But that's just me talking out my wazoo.

Edit: Also, I think it would necessitate some sort of algorithm (I like algorithms, they're like mathematical magic) to make sure you don't FPs together that are too close to be able to leave one park and make it to the next.

I would think they would need to make a tiered system in every park to make that viable. But that's just me talking out my wazoo.

Edit: Also, I think it would necessitate some sort of algorithm (I like algorithms, they're like mathematical magic) to make sure you don't FPs together that are too close to be able to leave one park and make it to the next.
Maybe make it at least a two hour gap or something if you want to switch parks? I feel like people should be responsible enough to know you couldn't make it to something though, just like if you have a dining reservation you need to plan accordingly for time

They would definitely have to keep the tiers

I can't see them doing this though. I think it would kill MKs FP supply

I certainly would like that. We're hopping on our upcoming trip and for one example, at Epcot I really only want to FP one item but plugged in two others we really don't want/need. Would much rather have been able to FP a couple for the afternoon at MK.

I agree. Everyone would book a tier 1 at one of the other parks and 2 other FPs at the MK every day.

I understand the point, but I agree with Robo & NeuroCindy. Just because you can doesn't mean it would be your best or most efficient strategy.

I am making my FPs for an upcoming trip and I had a late, late FP for Na'vi River Journey. I will have already done FOP earlier in the week and will have already done all of my AK rides so no need to spend all day in AK. Since I was unable to get FP at a different park for earlier in the day, I just gave up NRJ. My family will just have to miss it. If I had been able to book two parks, this would not have been a dilemma.

I understand the point, but I agree with Robo & NeuroCindy. Just because you can doesn't mean it would be your best or most efficient strategy.
I think that this strategy would probably be the majority though. If you pick a tier 1 at any other location (let's just say, TT or FOP or RnR), what other 2 FPs are you going to want from the rest of the pile? Nobody wants FPs at Epcot already. Star Tours or Tower of Terror maybe? EE? These lines are usually pretty short anyways (comparatively).

I'd like to see some ideas of what people would use multi-park FPs on for curiosity's sake. :)

I think that this strategy would probably be the majority though. If you pick a tier 1 at any other location (let's just say, TT or FOP or RnR), what other 2 FPs are you going to want from the rest of the pile? Nobody wants FPs at Epcot already. Star Tours or Tower of Terror maybe? EE? These lines are usually pretty short anyways (comparatively).

But, that's why I said I wouldn't do that, even it it WAS possible.

I'd not pick two at MK (and HOP there,) just because there are FPs available.
Heck, there are so many FPs available NOW as 4th and 5th and 6th MK FPs...
but that doesn't mean I'd hop there every day, or on even MOST days.

What most often determines my "second park" is the evening show(s) that I intend to see and/or dining plans.

I'd like to see some ideas of what people would use multi-park FPs on for curiosity's sake. :)
I think it would depend on my plans and what hotel I'm staying at. I definitely don't think I'd be hopping to Magic Kingdom every night, that would get too repetitive. I actually like ending my days at Epcot because of all the restaurants there so I'd probably have my tier one at that one and besides Epcot I actually like a lot of tier two options at HS and AK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter