Do you think this bag will work?

does it have a 3 prong clip?

if it doesn't, it will spend time in the lockers......

for the rides that have the restrictions of no bags, only the waist bags that have 3 prong clips are allowed on the ride.

a carry on with just a strap would be stored in the free lockers.

I think you should be fine with it. Especially because of it's size - 6" x 10.5". It's not very big. But don't overfill it, or it may get too bulky and you'll have to stow it.

Well, it's a waist bag/fanny pack style. I didn't know that the type of clip mattered.

some of the waist bags only have 2 clips.
the ones that can be used on the ride have 3.

i guess the middle clip helps reinforce the bag to stay put.

there is another current thread about the waist bags.
damo shows a picture of the acceptable ones.

if i can pull that thread up, i will return to link it here for you.

i'm not trying to upset you, really i'm not.
just trying to help.

i'm back.
this is the thread that might be helpful to you.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2625804

it is on the first page of this forum.

on post #63, page 5 of that thread, open the link.

it shows what a 3 prong clip is.

if yours has that, then you will be fine.

it has nothing to do with size of a waist bag but they way it connects on the belt portion.

We spent a couple of days at Universal in June. I had on my usual fanny pack (no clue about the number of prongs), and my sister in law had a small purse with a really long, thin strap. For all of the rides with restrictions, she just tied her small purse around her waist - and turned it into a fanny pack. We never had any trouble, and quite honestly, no one even gave our bags a second glance.

When possible put the bag under your shirt :). Then there will be no question about how many prongs are on your clip ;). Works great if you have a sweatshirt or hoodie on :). (this is just for purposes of getting on the rides, you don't have to look like a lumpy dork the whole time you are walking around :rotfl:.)

Hmm..I'm surprised to hear about this three prong rule, last spring when I rode FJ, no one gave my purse a second glance. It's a small leather purse or large wallet on a thin strap, that I wear on my hip and over the opposite shoulder, so it crosses my chest. No three prongs, just metal clips.
Are those not allowed anymore?

So, I'm confused. You even have to put your cameras in the lockers? I thought some of the point of the WWOHP areas was how great everything looks and was hoping to take tons of pictures. How does this work?

Also, can one person get in line for the ride, and the other go put the stuff in the lockers? Please don't flame me. I really haven't read many of the US/IOA threads. :)

Cameras are not allowed on the ride, unless of course it's a small one that can fit securely in your pocket(this works well with cargo shorts that have either zip or buttoned pockets). A DSLR would not be allowed on the ride with you, and a TM will make you take the camera down to a locker if they saw it when you tried to ride. If you want to take pictures throughout the FJ line, then after riding take the Castle Tour, it is a separate line where you can take your time wandering through the castle taking all the pictures you want. The Castle Tour is the best way to get some amazing shots and without having to worry at all about holding up the ride line or the safety of your camera.

As for having someone wait in line while someone else does the locker, then sure that's ok if you want don't mind riding separately. But having someone push through the line to meet up with you would probably cause more issues than it would solve unless the ride is a walkon. For one it could upset people, but also many parts of the FJ queue are dark and get congested fast, there is also stairs and there are many twists and turns that could make it difficult and uncomfortable for someone to meet up with someone further into the line.

Cameras are not allowed on the ride, unless of course it's a small one that can fit securely in your pocket(this works well with cargo shorts that have either zip or buttoned pockets). A DSLR would not be allowed on the ride with you, and a TM will make you take the camera down to a locker if they saw it when you tried to ride. If you want to take pictures throughout the FJ line, then after riding take the Castle Tour, it is a separate line where you can take your time wandering through the castle taking all the pictures you want. The Castle Tour is the best way to get some amazing shots and without having to worry at all about holding up the ride line or the safety of your camera.

As for having someone wait in line while someone else does the locker, then sure that's ok if you want don't mind riding separately. But having someone push through the line to meet up with you would probably cause more issues than it would solve unless the ride is a walkon. For one it could upset people, but also many parts of the FJ queue are dark and get congested fast, there is also stairs and there are many twists and turns that could make it difficult and uncomfortable for someone to meet up with someone further into the line.

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it. Are there general lockers in the park also? Besides the free, ride-specific ones?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter