Do you think they will have Canadian ticket offers anytime soon?

They seem to be pretty busy as is with minimal offers. I wouldn’t say no but I wouldn’t bank on it . So many ppl with cancelled trips that rescheduled . So many DVC ppl trying to use up their points.

The parks have been rammed and busy even in the traditionally slower periods. And they have even halted all annual pass sales since last November. I don’t think they will offer a Canadian ticket deal until they have to entice us to come and right now they don’t seem to have to entice anyone.

I think if they were going to they would have done so by now. I can't see them offering any kind of incentive for Canadians until the 50th anniversary is done. ☹

I agree with Pigletto. I don’t see them offering any Canadian discounts at the moment. They don’t need to. People are flocking to the 50th inspite of higher prices on everything. They don’t need to put out discounts.

We ordered UK tickets through Attraction Tickets. Received them in Ontario within 5 days and linked them going through the UK Disney site. For about the cost of 7 day Hoppers through Disney we have water parks, photopass and Genie +. Great savings! They also have 14 day tickets for the cost of 7.

We ordered UK tickets through Attraction Tickets. Received them in Ontario within 5 days and linked them going through the UK Disney site. For about the cost of 7 day Hoppers through Disney we have water parks, photopass and Genie +. Great savings! They also have 14 day tickets for the cost of 7.

I am thinking of giving this a try, but just had a couple of questions. When you say "linked through UK Disney site", what does that mean? You just log on with your exiting ID and link them? Can you then use the app, etc when you are in Disney as you normally would?

I think it has been answered before, but there are no residency requirements and you do not need to visit guest services before you activate the tickets on site?

ETA: Also, can you link it to your Magic Band or do you need to carry the physical plastic ticket with you everywhere?

I am thinking of giving this a try, but just had a couple of questions. When you say "linked through UK Disney site", what does that mean? You just log on with your exiting ID and link them? Can you then use the app, etc when you are in Disney as you normally would?

I think it has been answered before, but there are no residency requirements and you do not need to visit guest services before you activate the tickets on site?

ETA: Also, can you link it to your Magic Band or do you need to carry the physical plastic ticket with you everywhere?

From what I've read you just go to the UK version of the Disney site to link the tickets, but not everyone had to do that. Some were able to link them in the regular (Canadian) version. Once linked you can access them from the Canadian site. And they would be linked to your account and magic bands. It's just that linking part you may need to go to the UK site.

Did you pay for the upgrade to Genie+? Your description sounded tempting — but their website says “includes Disney genie service” which everyone gets for free on MDE. They put in bold …

And if you want to take your day to the next level, upgrade to the Disney Genie+ service to choose arrival windows for the new Lightning Lane entry on select attractions and experiences.

So, was that an upgrade when you purchase? Or are they indicating you can purchase day of like every other person at 7am each day? I went in December and Disney plus was not worth purchasing for us - but if it was a free add-on, that would indeed be a a no-brainer to go UK route.

Incidentally, that UK website is only offering their discounted adult-for-kid price til the end of today (must be used by Oct 2022). So anyone interested, buy now. Im only at the dreaming stage. :rotfl:

Did you pay for the upgrade to Genie+? Your description sounded tempting — but their website says “includes Disney genie service” which everyone gets for free on MDE. They put in bold …

And if you want to take your day to the next level, upgrade to the Disney Genie+ service to choose arrival windows for the new Lightning Lane entry on select attractions and experiences.

So, was that an upgrade when you purchase? Or are they indicating you can purchase day of like every other person at 7am each day? I went in December and Disney plus was not worth purchasing for us - but if it was a free add-on, that would indeed be a a no-brainer to go UK route.

Incidentally, that UK website is only offering their discounted adult-for-kid price til the end of today (must be used by Oct 2022). So anyone interested, buy now. Im only at the dreaming stage. :rotfl:

They were offering Genie + for a bit when it started, I haven't kept up with the tickets but it was included at one point.

And adult for kid price is sure tempting! But I'm not going any time soon.

I found the answer to my question. Adding Genie plus was an additional 100 pound a ticket for the 14-day special. :eek:

Just make sure you make comparisons — I don’t add waterparks and more to my tickets usually, and I don’t do memory maker. So I only compare to 7-day hoppers … I’m aware the uk ones are 14 day, but I wouldn’t use that either.

Using Feb 28 pricing and conversion rates to Canadian, I compared this site to undercover tourist who I normally use.

UK special with 15 pounds delivery - 464 pounds = $789.60 CDN
undercovertourist - e-delivery - $623.29 USD = $799.96 CDN
Obviously, in that situation, the UK is much better deal as you get all the extra perks thrown in - waterparks, pics. I have no idea what their price will be tomorrow when sale ends.

UK special with add-on Genie plus - 574 pounds = $976.59 CDN
undercovertourist hoper with add-0n genie - $726.80UsD = $922.32 CDN
So you are paying $50 more for the UK perks which Is a deal “IF” you wanted them in the first place — and prices are going up tomorrow.

My point is everyone needs to compare prices. This uk ticket idea comes up every few years, and I guess I have yet to find a deal when I’m at the point of purchasing that ends up being cheaper for me .. but that’s my situation where I don’t want photopass. And there’s not usually an adult price for kids sale going on. :confused3 I guess we shall see tomorrow.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember seeing most offers for Canadian tickets coming in the fall? I do agree with the other comments--there's a lot of pent up demand now as things start to open; I'd expect this to be a little extra busy year at the parks.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember seeing most offers for Canadian tickets coming in the fall? I do agree with the other comments--there's a lot of pent up demand now as things start to open; I'd expect this to be a little extra busy year at the parks.

Just to give you an idea of how busy it is. We were just there this past week. Yes it was a holiday for the us (president week). But the hotels were full and the park reservations were sold out. For some days all parks were at capacity. And I can tell you it was busy. By 11am most rides were over an hour wait if you didn’t use lightning lane.

While this week is normally busy, not anything like that. They are very unlikely to offer a Canadian discount because they don’t need to.

Did this get answered? If you by the UK tickets, can you add Genie+ on at a later date or do you have to buy it when you buy the tickets?

They give you the option to purchase genie plus for an additional 100 pounds per ticket at purchase. With any tickets, you can purchase genie plus at a later date on a day by day basis.

I was at WDW the week before Christmas. it was extremely busy — I only added Genie plus for one DHS day. That’s it. I think it was $15/person for one day. I personally wouldn’t Pre-purchase for every park day. Thats a lot of extra $$$. Now, if it was included in ticket package for free, I would grab it for convenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter