Do you think DCL will grandfather booking credits if no vaccine next summer?

Canadian Girl

DIS Veteran
I was booked on this year’s June 22, Greek cruise but cancelled on my PIF date so lost my OBB credit and $200 credit. I rebooked for next June 19th at a later date with my other remaining credit that was only the 10% off. It will run out in November 2021 if I cancel and rebook for the following year. My daughters who would travel with me have risk factors for Covid so we cannot do the trip without a vaccine or a treatment. Sadly my youngest would have just aged out of the Vibe if we had to go in June 2022. Do you think Disney will continue grandfathering the OBB credit if cruises have started again without a vaccine?

I was booked on this year’s June 22, Greek cruise but cancelled on my PIF date so lost my OBB credit and $200 credit. I rebooked for next June 19th at a later date with my other remaining credit that was only the 10% off. It will run out in November 2021 if I cancel and rebook for the following year. My daughters who would travel with me have risk factors for Covid so we cannot do the trip without a vaccine or a treatment. Sadly my youngest would have just aged out of the Vibe if we had to go in June 2022. Do you think Disney will continue grandfathering the OBB credit if cruises have started again without a vaccine?
I believe DCL isn't grandfathering any OBB perks (placeholders). But they are allowing, if you have an actual reservation using an OBB, the perks to transfer if they cancel the cruise, regardless of original expiration date.

My best guess is, if cruising continues, regardless if there's a vaccine or not, OBB perks on an existing reservation will not be transferable.

I said this on another thread, but "there being a vaccine" is just the start of things. Administering the number of doses required is not going to be the work of a month or two. Most vaccines work both by prompting antibody production AND by a commnuity protection model.

And if it's like the flu vaccine, extend the time period to administer to a point of community immunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter