• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you tell your neighbors you're moving?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
We're not moving, but our neighbors (for about 10 years) are. We're not close with them, just a hi/bye thing, and we knew they had their house on the market. But, today we see they have a moving truck in the driveway. We looked up the address on the net and find the sale closed a few days ago. I'm surprised they didn't say anything, and very curious who bought the house & if they are nice people. Not trying to be a nosy neighbor, just thinking they could have said something after the usual "hi"....

For me...it would depend how I felt about the neighbors and how good or bad our relationship was. If I were to move from my current home, I would tell my two closest neighbors but no one else since I rarely see or speak to the other people on the street.

I know my neighbors very well, so yes I would tell them. My parents on the other hand don't know their neighbors at all so they wouldn't tell anyone.

We're not moving, but our neighbors (for about 10 years) are. We're not close with them, just a hi/bye thing, and we knew they had their house on the market. But, today we see they have a moving truck in the driveway. We looked up the address on the net and find the sale closed a few days ago. I'm surprised they didn't say anything, and very curious who bought the house & if they are nice people. Not trying to be a nosy neighbor, just thinking they could have said something after the usual "hi"....

The times we have moved we did not tell the neighbors and told the realtor to not put up a for sale sign.

Wherever we have lived, we've told our neighbors when we were going on vacation-they all did the same thing. So, yes, we told our neighbors when we were moving. We told them what we knew about the couple buying our house too. We told the couple buying our house about the neighbors-not personal stuff, just names and family make up.

I did not reach out to my neighbors to let them know. Only one neighbor chatted with me and thus knew ahead of time. The others did not know until the big rig showed up.

No. I've haven't told neighbors in the past and it's not likely that I will next time either.

If we were only on a "hi" "bye" relationship, I wouldn't tell you I was moving. .....and you have to admit that looking up info on the internet is being a bit nosy ;). I'm not criticizing, just saying.:goodvibes

Why did you think they would say something? There are several houses on the market on my street, I wouldn't expect any of them to say something to me when they actually get their houses sold.

Well, since most of my neighbors are family...yes probably :laughing:

I have lived on this street longer than most people because I have lived here since I was 13. Only three houses longer than myself, so I would tell a few but not the "newbies." :upsidedow

If I had a close relationship with my neighbors, then of course I would tell them.

However, if it was a hi/bye/waving kind of relationship, then no, I wouldn't bother.

Edited to add: Right now, of my 5 immediate neighbors (3 whose yards touch mine and 2 who are across the side street...I live on a corner)I have 3 I would tell and 2 that I wouldn't.

We had a next door neighbor we liked, we would talk over the fence every so often, etc. We would mulch her leaves in the fall for her. Well one day we come home and there is a moving truck outside her house. We were surprised she didn't mention it :confused3.... We don't really speak to any of our other neighbors so we would not tell them.

It would depend on the relationship and the circumstances.

Close neighbor (watches house while on vacation, takes in mail, etc) and house sold, of course!

Hi/Bye neighbor and house sold, probably not.

Close neighbor, foreclosure, maybe. I'd probably want them to know who to call when the grass doesn't get mowed.

Hi/Bye neighbor, foreclosure, never.

When we sold our first house we didn't tell the neighbors, we didn't even have a "hi/bye" relationship with them. Where we are now I think it would be shocking if someone moved without saying something - much smaller neighborhood and we are constantly having get togethers and pot lucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter