Do you remember your first time? I sure do, it was like a week ago. UPDATED 3/2

Following! I am really happy that you decided to go back to writing this trip report!
I too have felt the need to look back on pre CoViD Disney, and I am enjoying reading the throwback trip reports!

Hey! Look who made it into a picture! A sweet older couple offered to take our picture in front of China.
This is why I love Photopass. I know it is quite expensive for a family but being the photographer in the family, I liked that this would guarantee having a few family pics (plus, I loved the magic shots!)
We were lucky to go on 3 trips while I had an annual pass so it was included (we made the financial decision to get an annual pass since we had two trips planned 11 months apart - we only got one for me since we only needed one to get the photopass and the dining + resort discounts, and were going on a one day trip followed by a 6 day trip so having APs for everyone didn’t make sense...) and it was a great decision - although it eventually lead to adding an adult-only weekend in Disney (which obviously didn’t really save us any money... but it was pretty amazing!)

A (really) short day at Hollywood Studios

We ended our evening with dinner at Chef Mickey's to wake up to Valentine's Day and our Hollywood Studios Day.

(blurry, but man, my little Valentine's are the cutest)

We stopped by Trolley Car Cafe for breakfast pastries and coffee before making our way to ToT for the first ride of the day.

What can I say about Tot?! We absolutely loved it, even Delaney! From the theming to the ride itself, we just loved it so much. From there we made our way to RnRC and Delaney wanted her face painted while we were waiting for our FP+ window to open.

Unfortunately, our DHS studios day did not go as planned as Dillon developed a stomach ache and we had to cut our day short. We let go of our SDD FP+ and went back to the resort.

We had dinner reservations at Artist point and after a nap + some much needed downtime, Dillon was feeling much better, so we grabbed an Uber and headed towards Wilderness Lodge. We got there obscenely early, so we toured the resort (holy cow - it's gorgeous) and got in some quality people watching before dinner.

We had a lovely dinner at Artist Point - I was thrilled with the ambiance, character interaction, and the majority of the food.

We started off with the appetizer course: Winter Squash Bisque, Hunter’s Pie, and the Wicked Shrimp Cocktail.

That soup - oh that soup - it was phenomenal. Luckily the kids didn't care for it and I ate their portion.

I can't remember what the kids ordered for their entree, it was most likely mac and cheese because that was essentially their diet during our vacation. I ordered the Royal Prime Rib Roast, with Horseradish Mashed Potato, Hay-smoked Carrots, Popover, and Jus.

(sorry for the crappy food picture)

Unfortunately, this kinda missed the mark for me. The prime rib was tough and fatty, I struggled to cut through it. I thoroughly enjoyed the mashed potatoes, carrots, and popover. Fun note - I almost always add horseradish to my mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower after having this at Artist Point. I love it!

We were onto dessert and Delaney slept through it!

The dessert was a lovely way to end the meal - my favorite was the Miner's Treasure closely followed by the Poison Apple. Dessert was closely followed by Hunter’s Gift to the Queen, which is Crackled Maple Popcorn and a Ganache Heart. This one is all about presentation, and it was so cool!

All in all - we enjoyed our dinner at Artist Point, even with the not-so-great Prime Rib. Having been on the dining plan, I think that it's an excellent use of a dining credit. We loved watching the Evil Queen interact (with much disgust) with Snow White throughout the meal. Meeting the Evil Queen was slightly socially awkward - she was so in character.

I think we can file this experience as one to return to in the future.

Up next: Animal Kingdom Day!

My husband and I stayed at WL for our 2019 trip. It really is a gorgeous resort. It had been one of my dream resorts for a while now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter