Do you receive credit for MP purchased on hopper tickets when upgrading to AP?

Jperiod

I am the rebel spy!
Say I buy 5 day park hoppers and pay for MP each day of my trip. Then I want to upgrade to an AP on the last day of of that trip, do they credit me the price I paid for MP the past 5 days (assuming I am also paying the extra $100 to add MP to the AP?)?

This seems to vary at CM discretion at the ticket booth when you upgrade. They don't do it automatically but I asked if it was a possibility when I upgraded to an AP on my last day of a 3day hopper and had purchased 3 days of MP. The request was granted though technically what they did was refund my MP purchases. Others here have also reported this being granted as well but its not guaranteed. I was buying the MP add on to my AP (Sig, which does not include MP). I'm not sure they would have done this if I wasn't buying MP with the AP.

That said, on a 5 day trip I'd upgrade sooner rather than later if you're considering an AP so you can take advantage of the discounts...

That said, on a 5 day trip I'd upgrade sooner rather than later if you're considering an AP so you can take advantage of the discounts...

Well, with the AP price increase, we're now thinking of just getting deluxe APs instead of signature, so I was trying to figure out a way to still make a trip in July and take advantage of the savings of buying through LMTclub today since they still have the old hopper prices. MP is a must for us, so $75 is a hard pill to swallow if they might not apply it toward the AP's MP.

I see.. yeah, that's tough. No guarantee they'll credit the MP purchases, unfortunately, though I think most have been successful.

This is from the terms on the DL website-

The Disney MaxPass feature is nonrefundable, nontransferable and may not be redeemed for cash. No credit will be given towards any ticket upgrade for the amount of the Disney MaxPass feature purchased through the Disneyland app after park entry. If a ticket with Disney MaxPass is upgraded to a ticket without the Disney MaxPass feature, you will no longer be able to make FASTPASS selections from your phone—please plan your upgrade accordingly.

It looks like if you purchase daily through the app, it is not applied to the upgrade. But, I would assume if you purchase maxpass with your ticket, then the price is applied to your upgrade.

I was not able to get the credit for my Maxpass purchases when we upgraded our tickets (bought through LMTCLUB) to annual passes in April. I did ask and was told that if I had bought Maxpass from the ticket booths I could receive the credit but since I bought through the app I wasn’t able to get the credit.

I was not able to get the credit for my Maxpass purchases when we upgraded our tickets (bought through LMTCLUB) to annual passes in April. I did ask and was told that if I had bought Maxpass from the ticket booths I could receive the credit but since I bought through the app I wasn’t able to get the credit.
Oh, this is good to know! I wonder if I add MP for all 5 days like this on my first day they'll apply the cost later?

Oh, this is good to know! I wonder if I add MP for all 5 days like this on my first day they'll apply the cost later?
Unless you buy tickets directly from Disney that include Max pass, you can only buy it day by day.

Unless you buy tickets directly from Disney that include Max pass, you can only buy it day by day.
others have reported being able to add all the days at city hall. I just didn't know you could do it at the ticket booths too.

FWIW I was given the credit (also LMTClub tickets) and I bought MP on the app. So, like so many things like this, it really seems to depend on the CM at the time...

Just to chime in: we had 3 day park hoppers in December 2017 that we added MP to each day and on the last day we upgraded to Deluxe APs with MP and they refunded us the 3 days of MP for all 6 of us. But the CM helping us was amazing in many ways.

I would imagine that if the AP has MP on it, they yes, if not, then no, that seems fair to me.

I think it depends on which CM you get. We bought MP for all 5 days of our tix and bought sig plus AP. The CM was adamant about not refunding for the MP we paid. I wrote a letter when we returned home and was able to get credit back. Knowing others were getting the credit is why I was determined to get it too. They really should be more across the board with these things and not give people different answers.

Well, with the AP price increase, we're now thinking of just getting deluxe APs instead of signature, so I was trying to figure out a way to still make a trip in July and take advantage of the savings of buying through LMTclub today since they still have the old hopper prices. MP is a must for us, so $75 is a hard pill to swallow if they might not apply it toward the AP's MP.

Be sure you check out the blockout calendar. The Deluxe is blocked for Disneyland during the entire month of July. It's still good at DCA though.

Be sure you check out the blockout calendar. The Deluxe is blocked for Disneyland during the entire month of July. It's still good at DCA though.
Yeah, that's why OP was asking about upgrading to APs on their last day (for future trips) and getting credit for MP purchased since they pass they were looking to buy would be blocked out from DL for their trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter