Do you prefer a backpack or a cross body for the parks?

todzwife

<font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than
And why...I've always taken a small backpack until this past trip. I had a very small Vera Bradley Mini Hipster and it was so convenient. When it started hurting my neck, I just tightened it and wore it around my waist. I never had to take it off for rides or to get anything in/out.

But I miss the space of a backpack!
What do you prefer?

I used to use a backpack.

I now use a VB in the hipster or little hipster.

I don't like the mini hipster because of the fact that the strap is way too thin and creeps up to my neck. Plus it has a number of compartments but they are all small so you can only fit a couple things in each and then it makes the bag bulky.

I like cross body bags much better than backpacks because it is very convenient to get something from it while on the go and you really don't even have to take it off on rides.

I have found that I have brought less and less with me to the parks since I don't have as much space and actually I'm happy about that because I used to bring unnecessary things that I didn't end up needing.
Now I knw what I need and it fits in the bag.

Cross body. I don't feel safe with backpacks, I can never shake the feeling it would be so easy for someone to take something & I'd have no idea because at least once a day I will find myself in a crush of humanity somewhere in the park. Lots more space in a backpack but it's not for me, do whatever you're most comfortable with!

Depends on my plans for the day. Since I go often, I tend to bring food and drinks so that I don't have to buy it there and can save money. I also like to bring a sweatshirt if I plan to be there after dark. Plus I have my camera. So usually I will bring a backpack. If I don't plan to be there for a full day or don't want to bring food, I will bring a smaller cross body. Much more convenient, but it just doesn't hold enough for what I need. I do have a smaller Vera Bradley backpack that I bring. I definitely don't bring a full sized one.

I'm a fan of the cross-body. However, we also use a locker (extra shoes, sweatshirt, penny/quarter holders for when I don't want to lug all that heaviness around).

I use my Herschel backpack which I LOVE for Disneyland! For me it works super well... it is just the right size as it is not too large and yet everything I need fits right into it!

Backpack. Fitted and worn properly it balances the load perfectly and pretty much eliminates shoulder/neck/back fatigue. (you have to make sure it fits your torso, is adjusted for you and carry it like a backpack not a sling) I've tried crossbody and slings and always end up with a sore neck/shoulder even if I'm carrying much less than I would in a backpack. The way the ones I use are configured (camera/day packs) someone trying to get to the important stuff (wallet, phone, camera) wouldn't be able to do it without me noticing. Plus they create breathing room. I have the art of sliding it around to retrieve something and getting on and off rides down to a science. If I have no photo plans in the evening I will sometimes just carry a small bag with my phone and wallet or even just stick them in my pocket.

I have learned over the years that I do not need half of the stuff I used to carry to DLR. Now I wear a Kipling crossbody. My husband carries a small tote with my flip flops for Splash and a sweater. If I were going solo, I would use a locker. I do wish folks would not wear those huge backpacks that look like they are carrying everything they own. I have been slammed more than once by one of these and one time I was nearly knocked over.

I used a small cross body bag simply because i carried my cell phone in it and it was easier to access it when I wanted to check wait times or take a picture.

I didn't carry too much stuff and it never bothered me. I rarely even took it off during rides (though make sure everything is zipped in and secure before going on Space Mountain or you might lose something! :eek:)

Crossbody! I used to carry everything but the kitchen sink until BFF wised me up! Now I carry a small Dooney cross body and everything I thought I absolutely had to drag around stays in our room since it's only a short walk back through DTD! And packages get sent to the room.

Now, if we're staying offsite I do bring a sling pack with those 'extras' as some of them may be needed in an emergency, if we get drenched, or if the weather turns, but that slingpack goes into a locker along with our purchases.

I use a leather Dooney and Bourke Disney crossbody. Big enough for what I personally go with: iPhone, ID in inside zipper pocket with cash if I'm carrying any, sunglasses fit for rides their not suitable on, a few feminine products is needed, chapstick, lipgloss whatever I'm feeling, spare pair of sock liners if I'm wearing my sperrys.
I use the leather because it's water proof. I have Vera too, and get concerned in a sudden downpour esp at WDW, that my phone would be compromised. I've used the same Dooney for the last 5 years two trips a year for 8-14 days each. Also, it has a flat adjustable sliding leather "pad" that prevents digging into my shoulder or neck. Good for a 15 hour day!

Cross body. I have a grey Baggalini and love it! I never have been the backpack type like my Mom and husband!

Midnightred

I like the cross body too. I have taken backpacks in before but just felt to weighed down. I ended up taking more stuff than needed. Sometimes I have just gone in with a lanyard that has a pouch on the end where I kept money or cards and a thin Disney tin that has ibuprophen, upset stomache medicine, a band aid and moleskin. Chapstick and phone went in my pocket and I was set. I would do that if I was only going in for a few hours at night after having been their during the day.

I usually use a hipster or just take my clutch if I really don't need much of anything, but this year I'm trying a small backpack. I like my hipster but like others said it hurt my neck and shoulder a lot. I got a small, purse-sized backpack as a Christmas present that I'm hoping will be a good compromise!

I've been using cross body for several years. It is very small and I only carry things I need. If I need to bring extra stuff like drinks, jackets, etc., I put those in a locker.

I use the VB Disney mini hipster and the small backpack. I change them out based on time of day and what I'm planning on doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter