do you pay off room balance before trip

Candice30

World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.
just wondering what everyone else usually does. i am trying to avoid taking cash and don't want to put the room on a credit card. i was thinking of just going ahead and paying the remainder of the room.

first, is this allowed at RPR?
second, any cons to do this now even though my trip isn't until june?

thanks!

Last year we made our reservations through Universal Studios Vacations. We paid it off before getting to Florida. I'm not sure if that was a requirement or not. It felt good not to have to worry about the hotel/ticket expense once we arrive in FL, but it also made it a lot easier to buy other things that may have been unnecessary, because we felt "flush" with cash. We had a GOOD time, however and I hope to do the same thing this year. While this year, I was a little smarter and made our ressies directly with RPR and will buy the tickets separately, saving approx $300 from the price at Universal Studios Vacations (I checked there again this year). For my family paying ahead works well. It's all personal preference, I think.

I have a friend who always "prepays" her credit card for the cost of her vacation. On the day she leaves, she will send $2000 or whatever her budget amount is for the trip to her credit card company. She then tracks her spending accordingly. This way she does not have to carry around large amounts of cash, and she does not have to "put out" the money prior to her trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter