Do you park hop?

calena

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br> <font color=g
I'm trying to decide what kind of tickets to buy. Do I really want to park hop? My instinct says no, but I am not sure. What do other people like to do.
On our first visit we did one day MK, one day Epcot, one day AK, one day MGM (didn't like it and park hopped back to MK), then our last day MK and Epcot.
There is really so much to do at each park you don't need to hop, unless you just don't enjoy a park.
Any ideas? I'm also looking at the no expiry thing because I know we will be back sometime - probably 2007. Disney makes these decisions tough when you see if you buy the 7 day pass it is a much better deal than a 3 or 4 day.
I really think we will only go to Disney for three days this trip since we want to do Univesal too.

We always park hop. I've even done 3 or all 4 parks on one day. Usually it's because some special events are only on certain days (like fireworks). Or if one park seems crowded we can head somewhere else.

We like to park hop as well. We tend to do MGM (our fav, lol) or AK starting in the mornings and then venture off to Epcot when we're done. We also rarely spend the entire day at MK, we find it too crowded sometimes and like to escape to another park.

But you've been before so you would be the best judge on what your family likes to do. :)

I would feel restricted without the option of park hopping, I do it all the time at WDW. I rarely spend one day in one park. :)

As Sandy mentioned though, you know your touring style best. :)

Kim

I rarely ever park hop.

When I went with my family, we would do one park each day (MK, MGM, and EPcot) it was before AK.

Even when I went with a friend, we did one park each day. I think if you don't go often it is easy to give up park hopping.

I have only used the park hopper option once, but was happy that I had it. We were not enjoying ourselves at the one park, so were happy to have that option. Otherwise, I have never used it.
Jo

We park hop now. The first few times that we went we didn't park hop because there was so much to see at each park. Now that we've been a number of times so days we just want to hit our favourites at each park so that's what we do. We have AP's for this year so it isn't an issue but I was thinking that if I bought the new tickets I might feel restricted if I couldn't park hop but as has been said you know your family best so maybe you won't park hop and therefore don't need to pay for that feature.

If you get the no expiration feature I'd buy the 10 day pass which is only slightly more than the 7 day ticket. Ticket prices will always go up.

I almost always park hop since I am a big fan of split days. Go early, go back to the pool in the middle of the day and then go back for evening activities.

Depending on the day of the week, some parks are better in the morning and a different park is better in the evening. For instance we might do AK on Saturday morning and go to MK in the evening to see Spectro. AK is best on Saturdays since Florida residents typically don't visit this park that often.

Cheers

on my upcoming trip, we are only planning to park hop one day. i think that if you can afford it though, you might as well. we are park hopping our first day becos we are spending the majority of it at MGM, which closes at 7 that day. we do not enjoy eating at any of the MGM restraunts and epcot closes at 9 so we are hopping to epcot for dinner that night. of course, if we didn't have park hoppers we could eat at one of the resorts instead. epcot & mk can both take up at LEAST one full day, so we see no reason to hop on those days. it might be different if there were evening magic hours that made hopping worthwhile, but for our trip, there aren't. i think that if buying park hoppers is going to be significantly more expensive, you won't be missing out if you don't do it. of course as someone already said, you know your family and what suits them best :)

We were really torn about paying for park hopper option or not for our upcoming trip.

On our previous trips with the 7 day tickets, we only park hopped for 2 of those days.

We did finally decide on paying for the park hopper this trip.
Our main reasons were:

To be able to split the day... if the pool is beckoning us for an afternoon swim... then we don't have to worry so much about park closing times etc.

Also, with the sometimes odd Orlando weather, I like knowing that if Spectromagic is cancelled due to weather... we can see it on a different night even if we aren't at MK all day.

We almost (always) park hop. I'm an Illuminations fanatic and, more often than not, we will end up at Epcot after supper so I can see my fav one more time.

I also tend not to spend an entire day at Animal Kingdom, so the hopping feature comes in handy on those days as well.

Good Luck! :wave:

We park hop daily. It's nice to spend the morning in one park, rest in the afternoon, have a nap and a swim and then dinner and the evening in another park. S

We park hop almost everyday. We normally go back to the resort for a swim and a nap. This makes everyone happier at my house. We are AP holders, so we are not affected by the additional cost.

We've always hopped in the past, but in looking at the saving for a non-parkhopper ticket, I think we will try not parkhopping our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter