Do you look like your name?

I found out when I was in 2nd grade that my name wasn't Kitty......it was just a nickname. I have gone either way with like or disliking it. At my age, now, I really don't care. There are bigger issues out there.

Oops read the title wrong. Do I look like my name?? I don't think so but I've never given it much thought.

I have what I always thought was a cranky, bitter 40-year old woman name lol, so no.

Now that I am 40, those women are now 60. I have only met two other people in my life that are the same age-ish as me with my name, and the three of us look nothing alike. I always assumed my mom wanted to be named my name as a kid in the 50's when it WAS popular, but neglected to understand that by the 70's, you shouldn't name your kid that anymore! lol I always just wanted to be a Jenny or a Kristy or Amanda...instead I got stuck with this.

MY kids have names that are common for their age group, yet not super-common. They all know a few kids with their name, but they don't have to go through each class as "Maddie J" or "Jacob M" because there are a million Maddie's and Jacob's in the grade.

I have a rare Spanish first name but go by a nick name of my middle name which is very American. So who knows. lol

Jamie can be male or female so I guess anyone named Jamie, looks like a Jamie.

I have no idea with my first name.To me with being more spanish I don't think I would know. And I have never had anyone say that to me.

I don't like my first name at all. It's the same as my mom, grandmother, aunt, and cousin. I go by a shortened version of my middle name which makes it the same as a guy's name. That works ok except for online and email where people call me Mr, and the confusion with my stepson that has the same name as me. LOL

I have a French name that apparently is popular in French speaking countries, but not here. It's also very easy to mix up because if you change the first letter, it sounds like several other different names (Janette, Annette, Lynette, etc.). I always hated it growing up because I could never find pencils, keychains, etc. with my name on it, let alone, never meeting other people with the same name. Finally, when I went to college there was a girl with my same name and since then, I've met a few others. I've also found things with my name on them in Montreal. The name has grown on me, but again, the fact that it's easy to mis-hear and mix up still gets annoying.

My grandmother was named Livina and when she got her first job, her boss told her that she didn't look like a Livina and called her by her middle name. It stuck and everyone from then on called her by her middle name.

I don't like the new trend of calling babies old names. I guess as a baby boomer, I remember old tv characters with these names is why I don't like them. Like the sweet little girl on Outdaughtered named Hazel. Hazel will always be that annoying maid on the tv show Hazel.

I'm Lee... but most "Lee"s I know are men, not women, so I HOPE I don't look like my name, LOL! I don't know any other female "Lee," but I know a few "Lea"s and "Leigh"s.

No cause my name is a 5'9" little ball of hate who is a bad butt for the Bruins. So he's a guy:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh my real name, never thought about it :bride::bride:

My Mom and Dad picked my name out of a hat, I swear I am not making that up. I was always the only kid in elementary school with my name until 8th grade, then another one transferred in.

I'm Lee... but most "Lee"s I know are men, not women, so I HOPE I don't look like my name, LOL! I don't know any other female "Lee," but I know a few "Lea"s and "Leigh"s.

My mother was always called Lee. Short for Leona.

Yeah, I'd say that's what a Colleen looks like. And I do. Red-blonde hair, though it is less red than it was when I was younger, fair skin, freckles, hazel-green eyes. Not so much the round face and no curls, which tends to go along with the Irish-girl image, but all the rest.

Another way that it fits - cailin, the Gaelic word our name comes from, means 'girl' but is grammatically masculine... Something we learned from an Irish-born friend and that my kids think is hilarious because fits my personality perfectly.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the curly hair part. My hair was curly when it short, but wavy if I let it grow long. I never knew that cailin was grammatically masculine. That was me to a "T" when I was younger, but not so much now.

Queen Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter